Visor freezing up from the outside?! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Visor freezing up from the outside?!

Corsara

Site Supporter
I've been having these late night rides in the last week or so, and every time I go out, shortly into the ride the helmet visor starts freezing up on the outside, sometimes to the point that it makes it very difficult to see through. Note that I'm not talking about fogging up on the inside, I deal with this by cracking it open a bit every now and then.

Anyone ever had this happening to them? Any solutions?

I've never had this happen, it's always been fogging up on the inside for me. But I'm curious, what kind of helmet/visor are you using? And, is this happening at street speeds, or highway?

Maybe it's condensation that's somehow built up on the outside(??) and frozen due to low temperatures. Seems odd to me, but maybe condensation rolled under the visor and up the outside of it, somehow from wind etc, and froze...

if your helmet has a snow mobile shield available that's the best route. some do, some don't. I think hjc joe rocket doe and bell does. maybe others, haven't looked.

I have a bell so the second best invention beside the auto tint visor was the double walled visor for snowmobiles. No issues in cold anymore, no need to crack it open anymore $30..

the recent nights have been very high humidity....your riding through it and it collects on warm visor, combine this with some wind chill .......hence "frost"
haven't you noticed your wet seats and roads everywhere....ride easy

Back
Top Bottom