Vintage Motorcycle Insurance in Toronto? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Vintage Motorcycle Insurance in Toronto?

I have my 1976 Yamaha rd400 insured with the personal. One way 2 mill coverage 237$ a year. This year I'll be getting an appraisal done to see how much it would cost for full coverage. Point being the vintage insurance really isn't worth it if the bike is your daily ride.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Will just ask here to not start a new thread:

I've, for now, been just getting online quotes from Riders Plus because its super hassle free and easy to play around with liability numbers, models and makes etc.

If I am to call an insurance company (DT, TD, JE, Primmum etc), how do I obtain a quote for a bike without actually having my license yet? Do I pretend like i "just" got it and hope they don't ask for license number? Do I straight up tell them I am looking for quotes and will be licensed and ready to go with said bike on X date?

Sorry if this is banal/stupid. Just don't want to waste my time with Insurance Companies and get nowhere because I didn't communicate the right information in the right way.

Will just ask here to not start a new thread:

I've, for now, been just getting online quotes from Riders Plus because its super hassle free and easy to play around with liability numbers, models and makes etc.

If I am to call an insurance company (DT, TD, JE, Primmum etc), how do I obtain a quote for a bike without actually having my license yet? Do I pretend like i "just" got it and hope they don't ask for license number? Do I straight up tell them I am looking for quotes and will be licensed and ready to go with said bike on X date?

Sorry if this is banal/stupid. Just don't want to waste my time with Insurance Companies and get nowhere because I didn't communicate the right information in the right way.
They will quote you with whatever information you provide them. Whether you tell them you've been riding for 1 year with a Moto safety course, or 20 years and are 40 years old and live in Orillia. When you correct them with the actual information at any time, they will input that in their database. Online quotes for motorcycles and early years of riding are so varied, that I have found calling to be the only option. I waste a lot of my work lunches trying to get a quote from 1 company with all of my information.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

They will quote you with whatever information you provide them. Whether you tell them you've been riding for 1 year with a Moto safety course, or 20 years and are 40 years old and live in Orillia. When you correct them with the actual information at any time, they will input that in their database. Online quotes for motorcycles and early years of riding are so varied, that I have found calling to be the only option. I waste a lot of my work lunches trying to get a quote from 1 company with all of my information.

Great, so if I call and tell them I’m a new rider with a freshly finished M2 riding course and the bike I plan to ride, I can get an accurate quote and get it emailed to me. After which I can provide them with my real info as soon as I get everything, for the same price?

Great, so if I call and tell them I’m a new rider with a freshly finished M2 riding course and the bike I plan to ride, I can get an accurate quote and get it emailed to me. After which I can provide them with my real info as soon as I get everything, for the same price?
Yes. The only thing that would provide them a more accurate quote for you would be the VIN of whatever moto you are looking at.
They'll ask you whatever questions, you just need to answer them.

Back
Top Bottom