Vintage Insurance | GTAMotorcycle.com

Vintage Insurance

Merkid

A few years ago I was able to insure a 25 yr old bike at a great rate. I think it was Dalton Timmis?

It came with a few conditions like getting an appraisal and limiting it's use.

Is anyone still doing such?

I have a 76 Honda insured. I could have gone the cheap vintage route but as you say they often come with too many restrictions. Honda is maybe $500/yr basic PL/PD.

Most classics only get ridden 100 - 200K a year or less which makes $500 a bit pricey per mile. Anyone else know of less expensive insurance for classics, even with the usual restrictions including not being able to locate VIN numbers on the data base since there was no data base back in the day?

Most classics only get ridden 100 - 200K a year or less which makes $500 a bit pricey per mile. Anyone else know of less expensive insurance for classics, even with the usual restrictions including not being able to locate VIN numbers on the data base since there was no data base back in the day?

Last edited:
I had my 88 Hawk GT insured with Ronn Calderone at NFP Moto, underwritten by Echelon:

Initial estimate was about $425/yr, but because of the 4x replacement value due to all of my customizations, the actual premium was $530/yr. I was OK with the 2000 km limit, and just wanted the cheapest rate to allow me to ride it down to the annual Hawk rally in NY. I have other bikes for daily riding.

Back
Top Bottom