Vidoe's from Mosport - Aug 8th | GTAMotorcycle.com

Vidoe's from Mosport - Aug 8th

I'm curious, how did Rider's Choice run this day in terms of sessions? Did they have 4 15 min groups: beginner, intermediate, red, racer? Where racers have 1 extra session before and after lunch?

They ran three groups as usually. Then at the end of the day they gave the racers an extra 45 or 60 minutes. There were some racers in the yellow group towards the end of the day as well, probably to get more track time. I reconized at least 3 bikes that raced on the weekend in yellow. I suspect that some of the usual guys that run in the red session, got bumped out of red by the racers and ran in yellow. There were a lot of fast guys in yellow.

They ran three groups as usually. Then at the end of the day they gave the racers an extra 45 or 60 minutes. There were some racers in the yellow group towards the end of the day as well, probably to get more track time. I reconized at least 3 bikes that raced on the weekend in yellow. I suspect that some of the usual guys that run in the red session, got bumped out of red by the racers and ran in yellow. There were a lot of fast guys in yellow.
That extra 45-60 mins did it come out of your time i.e before 5 p.m or after 5 p.m? The reason I asked is because I heard someone saying R.C favours racers in their trackdays and everyone else gets less track time as a result, the guy was saying green, yellow, red were only getting like 5 x 15 min sessions out of the day while the racers were getting at least an extra 2 sessions before and after lunch...

The times got messed up a bit due to some crashes, so I'm not 100% sure how long the sessions actually were. They had to stop and restarted a few times. We did get 6 sessions. I believe Mosport and not RC were running the schedules and it seemed pretty fair. The racers only go the extra time at the end of the day and nothing before lunch. I'm pretty sure the racers only session was at 5:15pm. One complaint I had though was that they called us up for our sessions, even when the track was closed for crashes or bike pick ups. We'd get to the stagging area and sit in the sun for 5+ minutes in full gear and tire's cooling down. This happened several times.

That was supposed to be "so I'm not 100% sure." I typed it up that way but it came out all messed up. Sh*t happens.

It was 3 groups, Green, Yellow, and Blue and there was no favoring that I saw, except the PRO racers got a 20 minute session at the end of the day. As for stoppages, they were due to people crashing and the session was paused and continued after the cleanup. They would announce things like "Intermediate group come to staging you have 9 minutes left to go in your session. Fair as can be.

... aaand didn't make it in the video. =(

Back
Top Bottom