Video Evidence of aggressive/dangerous driving | GTAMotorcycle.com

Video Evidence of aggressive/dangerous driving

Bike Cop

Under advice from another member, I'm posting in the general forum to reach a wider audience.

Here it is:

I know that at times we as motorcyclists are on the receiving end of some pretty poor driving, and because we don't have a cage around us, we are vulnerable. I've read in other posts that video evidence has been supplied to the police and little was done about it.

My offer is this, if you have video evidence of driving that you think has either risked your safety or warrants investigation from the police, I'm all ears. I need to clarify the offer - I can't chase people to the ends of the earth. I do have an area that I patrol, but I am willing to investigate what I can on your behalf, the same as I would for anyone that called 911.

I'm not interested in someone giving you the finger. I keep looking for that section in the HTA and I haven't found it yet. I am interested in the legit instances of dangerous lane changes, break checks, etc.

I will need date/time/location/licence plate of the driver, as a starting point. Must be within the last 6 months (unless it's really bad).

I usually work on Hwys 400, 404, 427, 48, 9.

WOW... If this is legit im impressed. One issue though, if I put a dash cam in my car you would have 10 vids a day in your inbox and probably the same from the other thousand odd people on the forum. The entire driving culture has to change here but its good to see someone trying to make a difference.

Under advice from another member, I'm posting in the general forum to reach a wider audience.

Here it is:

I know that at times we as motorcyclists are on the receiving end of some pretty poor driving, and because we don't have a cage around us, we are vulnerable. I've read in other posts that video evidence has been supplied to the police and little was done about it.

My offer is this, if you have video evidence of driving that you think has either risked your safety or warrants investigation from the police, I'm all ears. I need to clarify the offer - I can't chase people to the ends of the earth. I do have an area that I patrol, but I am willing to investigate what I can on your behalf, the same as I would for anyone that called 911.

I'm not interested in someone giving you the finger. I keep looking for that section in the HTA and I haven't found it yet. I am interested in the legit instances of dangerous lane changes, break checks, etc.

I will need date/time/location/licence plate of the driver, as a starting point. Must be within the last 6 months (unless it's really bad).

I was told by an OPP officer from the Simcoe detachment that you can't actually charge people from video evidence - the only thing you can do is go and give them a talking to, which usually scares them enough to drive a little better.

Is that correct?

This is a move in a positive direction

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Name and badge

Honestly, This is kind of weird. I have nothing against you at all, I've never even met you. But looking into situations where someone is cut off or a person is weaving through traffic is just a big waste of time and money. If a person got a visit from a cop saying they had cut someone off in an aggressive manor they would deny it every time. People know the consequences of driving like an idiot and its your job to catch them in the act, not 4 months later with a video with no proof that it was actually them. I have no suggestions of what you should do with your down time as I am not a cop and dont know what your day consists of, but going around aggressively looking for aggressive drivers seems pretty counterintuitive. Unless you're dispatched in Burlington then I totally get the boredom.

Honestly, This is kind of weird. I have nothing against you at all, I've never even met you. But looking into situations where someone is cut off or a person is weaving through traffic is just a big waste of time and money. If a person got a visit from a cop saying they had cut someone off in an aggressive manor they would deny it every time. People know the consequences of driving like an idiot and its your job to catch them in the act, not 4 months later with a video with no proof that it was actually them. I have no suggestions of what you should do with your down time as I am not a cop and dont know what your day consists of, but going around aggressively looking for aggressive drivers seems pretty counterintuitive. Unless you're dispatched in Burlington then I totally get the boredom.

With more and more cameras finding their way onto handlebars and dashboards, we are one step closer to helping people understand that when they are on or in a vehicle they are not anonymous. I don't want to chase people who didn't signal their lane change. If I had my way, I would only enforce the truly dangerous acts that threaten the safety of the public. The fact of the matter is, I can only be in one place at a time. I can't see everything. But with video, I can see more if people are willing to record it and share.

How about this. I was in the right lane, suv on left, sunfire behind (100 un 80). Suv puts on signal and comes into my lane and press me to edge of gravel shoulder/ditch. I click down a clear him, hut 149 in an 80. Lost bike, license, was told buy THE COPS I should of pulled onto the schoulder and slow down. Get bent!

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

Here it is:

This offer is definitely a step in the right direction, given the ever increasing number of people who run dash cameras. I run forward and backward facing cameras almost every day, though sadly not in the areas that you cover. I will, however, keep it in mind.

How about this. I was in the right lane, suv on left, sunfire behind (100 un 80). Suv puts on signal and comes into my lane and press me to edge of gravel shoulder/ditch. I click down a clear him, hut 149 in an 80. Lost bike, license, was told buy THE COPS I should of pulled onto the schoulder and slow down. Get bent!

Wasn't officer Ford was it? Sounds like hwy 10 and he's a big enough moron to say something like that.

It was hwy 10, I asked what about the suv that almost killed me and was told it doesnt matter. Cop on ground, his superior watching from above in airplane. All traffic was at 100km h. 1 cop cant change the rest, this isnt Gotham city

[video=youtube;aVCITUbGbN8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVCITUbGbN8[/video]

License Plate: 168 BYT or 168 8YT
April 26, 2014 @ 5:06pm
On Ramp to 400 at HWY 7

I was behind him, he was accelerating very slow. When I went to pass him, he cut in front of me. I honked at him and then he started to brake check me. I saw his old man face get very angry in his driver side mirror as he slammed on the brakes.

How about when people go riding like goons and then post their videos here, will you try and go after them too?

If the cop is legit, you guys aren't making any friends by posting like twats -_-

Back
Top Bottom