• Welcome to the new GTAM. Have a look around and please post any issues in the Support Forum. Be sure to check out your profile settings to confirm all your settings.

Vegas in January/February

nakkers

Site Supporter
Been to Vegas before. Read the other threads of folks renting and riding.

Most appear to go down in March.

I’m there for a work gig and have an open day to myself. A little nervous booking in advance and finding the conditions less than favourable.

Anyone rent a bike on the same day without booking ahead?

I know it can get cold in the evenings. Maybe I’m overthinking things?

I just don’t want to pack a bunch of gear. Figure on footwear, jacket, gloves and helmet should be enough. Maybe a hoodie?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cavefish

I was down there Mid January last year and rented a bike for a day, lots of selection with Eagle rider and the temps were fine with a leather jacket or lined mesh. Overnight and early morning is around 2-3 degrees C but temps rise quickly when the sun comes out.

nakkers

Site Supporter
I was down there Mid January last year and rented a bike for a day, lots of selection with Eagle rider and the temps were fine with a leather jacket or lined mesh. Overnight and early morning is around 2-3 degrees C but temps rise quickly when the sun comes out.
Excellent. Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mad Mike

By day it's between 55-70 in Jan, and 65-80 in Feb. Knock 10-15 degrees off once the sun goes down. Rain this time of year almost never happens. The biggest thing to consider is daylight -- sun rises and sets about 1 hr earlier that Toronto in Jan, and about 1/2 earlier by the end of Feb.

crankcall

Site Supporter
it can be 55-60 during the day, it can also be 30-35, its the desert. If you leave town and go into the mountains you can find frost/ice on the higher spots early am.
We have been several times Jan/Feb, its a variable to say the least.

nakkers

Site Supporter
it can be 55-60 during the day, it can also be 30-35, its the desert. If you leave town and go into the mountains you can find frost/ice on the higher spots early am.
We have been several times Jan/Feb, its a variable to say the least.
Not booking in advance. Going to wing it. If the stars align, I’ll do it.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kruzuki

We were there last week and it was cold. And shockingly expensive.

Had every intention of renting a bike for a day to go to Red Rock Canyon and ride the strip. Eagle rider had plenty of bikes available, but I imagine in warmer weather you may want to book in advance.
We brought some gear and expected mild/cool weather, but it never got above 15 & most of the day was single digits! Ended up renting a boring car instead, but it was nice hiking the desert when it wasn't over 100F.

BTW, Highly recommend the Shelby American museum. All those Cobras and Super Snakes in a row can make a grown man cry! And it was free.

nakkers

Site Supporter
We were there last week and it was cold. And shockingly expensive.

Had every intention of renting a bike for a day to go to Red Rock Canyon and ride the strip. Eagle rider had plenty of bikes available, but I imagine in warmer weather you may want to book in advance.
We brought some gear and expected mild/cool weather, but it never got above 15 & most of the day was single digits! Ended up renting a boring car instead, but it was nice hiking the desert when it wasn't over 100F.

BTW, Highly recommend the Shelby American museum. All those Cobras and Super Snakes in a row can make a grown man cry! And it was free.
Great info! Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom