Vastly different rates for similar bikes??? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Vastly different rates for similar bikes???

No idea why some people aren't getting competitive rates from TD, only thing I can think of is where you live. I live out in the 'burbs on a relatively safe & quiet street.

I got quotes from Dalton Timmins (now NFP) with Aviva for all of the bikes I mentioned and all were $550-600 per year. Cheaper than TD for some bikes, more expensive for others (including the Duke 390).

The agent did mention Aviva will be adjusting their rating structure come April, and that there is potential that rates could go up or down based on the new rating structure.

I decided to buy a leftover 2019 Duke 390 as I read and looked at a lot of positive reviews which compared it favorably to the Kawi despite being a single. I prefer the look of the bike also. I would have liked to take it for a test ride first but oh well. If I waited till spring I probably would have had to buy a 2020 and pay another $1000+ in freight etc. Worst case I keep it for a year or two and sell it again, bikes this size are popular with people just starting out.

Reactions: J_F
This is funny. I just checked TD again and the rate for my Hawk is back to about $600. I left them because they jacked it to almost $800 last season, breaking my $1/cc/yr budget.

Anyone know off the top of their head if TD offers roadside.

I will call and ask anyways.

Back
Top Bottom