Value of Bike! 2015 - Yam. Fz07 - 23K | GTAMotorcycle.com

Value of Bike! 2015 - Yam. Fz07 - 23K

CriticalCore

Interested in what everyone thinks the bike should be sold at! I'm guessing a dealership would give about 3.5K-4K at best, personally selling I'm thinking at or around 5,000?
Will drop by a shop tomorrow and see if anything needs doing to get it safetied.

For farkles it has heated grips, integrated taillight, lowerd clip on handle bars & custom foot-pegs, frame sliders & rear spools to work with a rear stand.
Bike did fall over on me in a parking lot, same spot as my first bike too. Scratches on right foot-peg, frame slider has a barely noticeable scratch same as right handle bar end, mirror was replaced, nothing else took damage except my pride.

Any advice & ideas would be appreciated!
picz

editz: Ah maintenance, the oil, & front + rear brake fluid was changed this spring.

Last edited:
Interested in what everyone thinks the bike should be sold at! I'm guessing a dealership would give about 3.5K-4K at best, personally selling I'm thinking at or around 5,000?
Will drop by a shop tomorrow and see if anything needs doing to get it safetied.

For farkles it has heated grips, integrated taillight, lowerd clip on handle bars & custom foot-pegs, frame sliders & rear spools to work with a rear stand.
Bike did fall over on me in a parking lot, same spot as my first bike too. Scratches on right foot-peg, frame slider has a barely noticeable scratch same as right handle bar end, mirror was replaced, nothing else took damage except my pride.

Any advice & ideas would be appreciated!
picz

editz: Ah maintenance, the oil, & front + rear brake fluid was changed this spring.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

When I sell bikes here's how I do it:

1) Forget about expecting to recover farkle investments -- they simply tip the scales in your favor if all else is equal.
2) Detail the bike, clean bikes are easier to sell.
3) Certify the bike. This increases buyer confidence and takes away virtually all the negotiating points a buyer might have to beat your price down.
4) Set your price to be the lower than all bikes on similar vintage and mileage on Kijiji. For you this would be about $5K, stay firm and use the argument "there isn't a better deal and this bike is safetied and ready to go"

I agree with Mad Mike but add "Be patient". At this time of year it may take a while for the right buyer to show up.

What mike said, be willing to get it safetied, puts the buyers mind at ease, and lets you get a better price most likely.

Yeah, I would say you will sell it safeties, but not get the slip of paper until you have a deposit. It expires quickly and it is easy to get stuck with an expensive piece of useless paper.

While your bike isn't a high target bike for thieves, still be aware. Never leave the key in the bike while he's tire kicking. Box it in the driveway with cars. Have some muscle watching over you if available...even a neighbour... or your wife or GF from a window. And test rides just don't happen, ever.

Also be aware of the return in the night thieves after they've scoped out your entire situation. I had it happen once...they returned in the middle of the night and broke the side door of my garage.

in addition to MM's advice

pictures
good pictures
lots of them - after the bike is clean
if the cam on your phone sucks
get a friend to take the pics for you

when you upload them
make sure they aren't sideways or upside down

While your bike isn't a high target bike for thieves, still be aware. Never leave the key in the bike while he's tire kicking. Box it in the driveway with cars. Have some muscle watching over you if available...even a neighbour... or your wife or GF from a window. And test rides just don't happen, ever.

Also be aware of the return in the night thieves after they've scoped out your entire situation. I had it happen once...they returned in the middle of the night and broke the side door of my garage.
You should simply never sell anything from your own house, you`re begging to be a target for thieves preying on kijiji sellers.

Meet at a Tims parking lot, gas station, the mall, etc.

If they have cash in hand then there should be no issue with a test ride, imo.

You should simply never sell anything from your own house, you`re begging to be a target for thieves preying on kijiji sellers.

Meet at a Tims parking lot, gas station, the mall, etc.

If they have cash in hand then there should be no issue with a test ride, imo.
Will do that, reckon a gas station sounds nice with all the camera's! Is there some way to filter out dodgy buyers?

I have been looking on kijiji at FZ07s for a few months. Given what Ive seen you would do well to get over $4500 for it considering the relatively high mileage and the fact that it was dropped.

Will do that, reckon a gas station sounds nice with all the camera's! Is there some way to filter out dodgy buyers?
Pop into your local police station and ask them if they mind if you show a motorcycle for sale in their parking lot. Some are cool with it but I’m not sure if all of them are. A shady buyer won’t be showing up there.

For what it’s worth I sell a lot of different stuff from cheap to expensive. I haven’t had any bad experiences and don’t really take any special precautions. Everyone has a different comfort level with this kind of stuff though.

I have been looking on kijiji at FZ07s for a few months. Given what Ive seen you would do well to get over $4500 for it considering the relatively high mileage and the fact that it was dropped.
23K is considered high for a Yamaha? I do have pics of the drop in my OP, only the scratches on the foot-peg are visible from it but tbh it'd be hard to know it was if I didn't even mentioned it.

For 4500 it'll probably go in a few days * o.o

23K is considered high for a Yamaha? I do have pics of the drop in my OP, only the scratches on the foot-peg are visible from it but tbh it'd be hard to know it was if I didn't even mentioned it.

23k is nothing, i put over 15k on my fz09 and i didn't even get a full season out of it before the accident.

For what it’s worth I sell a lot of different stuff from cheap to expensive. I haven’t had any bad experiences and don’t really take any special precautions. Everyone has a different comfort level with this kind of stuff though.
Agreed. I have sold some pretty cool stuff, lots of boats, cars, bikes, ATVs using Kijiji over the years -- never had a problem with the buyers coming to my house. If a seller (or a buyer) asked to meet me at some anonymous place, I'd be a little suspicious.

If you're the paranoid type, have buyers meet you at your place of work.

Im just going by what Ive seen on kijiji the past 3 months. $4500 to $5000.

23K is high when you consider the average one on the market (kijiji) has 7800km. Thats triple the average. Dont forget stuff rarely sells for its asking price on kijiji too.

Im just going by what Ive seen on kijiji the past 3 months. $4500 to $5000.

23K is high when you consider the average one on the market (kijiji) has 7800km. Thats triple the average. Dont forget stuff rarely sells for its asking price on kijiji too.
23k is high? For me 6K a year is garage queen territory. It's a Yamaha, just getting broken in.

I wouldn't be concerned with the mileage as long as the bike has been serviced properly, it's a Yamaha, probably go another 100K before it needs to see anything more than fluids, filters, tires and brake pads.

Back
Top Bottom