Value of 01 and 03 katana | GTAMotorcycle.com

Value of 01 and 03 katana

BPS88

Hi,I'm looking at buying a bike for the summer and had two in mind. I was wondering what the thoughts were on the bike value
1) 2001 katana 600. 9000km? Not cert. Asking $3000
2) 2003 katana 600 27 000km, cert. Asking $3500

Any thoughts on these about value?

Thanks & ride safe

With only 9K on the 01 I'd be worried about old tires, If you go with that one make sure you check the dates and factor that into your budget. A quick search on kijiji and there's quite a few in that price range so you have a few to choose from.

From 98 on the Kat's are basically the same bike.
98-02 baboons *** tail light, different front rim set up
03+ new tail light (busa style)
04+ passing lights & larger exhaust can

other than that they are essentially the same bikes. Had my 03 Kat 600 for 6 years and 116,000kms.

thanks for the input!! i think regardless of the bike i would change the tires (for my own peace of mind).

Check the codes and the tread depth, no sense wasting money if you don't have too. If you do get a Kat sign up at Katriders.com and buy/download yourself a service manual. Kat's are very easy to work on.

Oh yeah, make sure you check second gear does slip if your able to test ride them.

Great bikes. I've got an '04 that I'd let go for $3000. I'm sure there wouldn't be much if anything to certify, and I could get it checked out if you want. Pm me for more info if you want.

Last June, I paid $3500 for an '04 Bandit 600 in pretty much perfect shape (no drops, no scratches, owned by a mid-aged dude) with 19k kms on it. The seller certified the bike, changed the oil before the sale, and threw in a tail bag.

They're similar bikes so I figure the price should be close.

I think either price is reasonable, maybe try to cut a few bucks off either.

Tires have date codes - maybe see if the 9,000 km Katana's tires are or appear to be original? See if they're the same make/model as the OEM tires. But yeah, if you suspect that they're old or original, I'd change them. The fact that the seller isn't selling it certified makes you think it needs tires, or something else.

Back
Top Bottom