Useful / Necessary technology | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Useful / Necessary technology

In floor heat with acid stain concrete and a high gloss concrete sealer is woking pretty awesome, only down-side is the sealer is not solvent friendly. I clean it with a string mop, wash the car, then chase the dirt and salt water towards the drain with a rubber broom, floor heat dries the rest in about 2 hours. I think a nice, small river stone exposed aggregate would have been even better, has better traction when there is water or even a little snow on it, better for dogs too, but you can't clean exposed aggregate with a rubber broom, you can only use a bristle broom and leave it to air dry. Can't use a rubber broom on stamped concrete either, rubber broom works really good.
Wish I had floor heat -- I totally blanked out and missed that opportunity when I poured a new floor last year. I did insulate well, so heating the toybox isn't too costly.

I sealed with Rustoleum Home Depot garage epoxy - not solvent friendly -- doesn't like gasoline, brake fluid, and some brake cleaners. Only good if you park cars in the garage.

I sealed with Rustoleum Home Depot garage epoxy - not solvent friendly -- doesn't like gasoline, brake fluid, and some brake cleaners. Only good if you park cars in the garage.

I tried that stuff. Got two winters out of it before the salt killed it. Tried the rollout Costco stuff. Condensates under and then freezes and chunks of concrete come off. Then did something permanent and after 5 years looks like I just installed it. Porcelain tiles. Done forever.

Finally found a reason to own a "smart phone".
P4130079_zpsckmchxty.jpg

patterned concrete with in floor heat be damn near perfect I figure

It would look nice but flat smooth is better for roll around tool kits. My Goldwing parks on a roll a round stand and even the distressed 60 year old floor makes shoving it around hard. Heated floors are a plus if you spend enough time there to justify the cost.

To go along with people that keep their shops heated most of the time, have you done something to help the garage door seals? Sliding seals are marginal at best and normally have some gaps. Ideally you want something that pulls the door tight to the frame right at the end of travel. I've seen it on big doors (lumber kiln) where the rollers hit small ramps that squeezed the door to the frame but that solution wouldn't work that well with conventional door tracks. You might be able to rig something up with destaco clamps and 2x4's the press on the door but obviously this won't be cheap and needs to be manually released.

Finally found a reason to own a "smart phone".
P4130079_zpsckmchxty.jpg
I read about that as mine will likely need a new belt at season end. Think I'll send it to a tech though as it's a DVT model and I'll also need th service reminder cleared from the dash.

Back
Top Bottom