Ultramar Sutton Diesel in Premium Gas Tank | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ultramar Sutton Diesel in Premium Gas Tank

GreyGhost

Site Supporter
Hopefully nobody here is affected by this but it was posted in a private FB group.

"If you put premium gasoline at the Ultramar gas station on Dalton Road in Sutton between March 28th and April 1st, you need to get in touch with the gas station’s manager. ?
An error at this location meant that diesel was inadvertently added to the premium storage undergound holding tanks. Meaning, if you put premium gas in, you were actually putting diesel in! ? "

What a pain. I presume the tank was being topped up and the diesel was diluted to some extent by the premium gas already in the holding tank.

I know a rider who filled his ST1300 with diesel and fired it up, started then died, then he realized what he had done. Towed home, tank drained and thoroughly flushed. Cranked a while, had to use starting fluid / spray to get it started up, smoked a bit until everything was cleared out by the new premium gas he put in. He had it another 6+ years and it ran fine, no long term issues.

What a pain. I presume the tank was being topped up and the diesel was diluted to some extent by the premium gas already in the holding tank.
That seems reasonable. The slightly interesting question is did they add 1,000 litres of diesel to 10,000 litres of gas or 10,000 litres of diesel to 1,000 litres of gas? It's mostly academic as the station should be paying for a drain and flush in either case. I doubt diesel would do much damage. I guess if the dilution was low enough it could run like crap and poison the cat.

Also slightly surprised that they don't also have a problem with the diesel tank, I thought they filled all the tanks each time the truck came.

Back
Top Bottom