Tyre Screws | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tyre Screws

The Last Boyscout

Site Supporter
Just purchased 20 of these. 10 small, 10 large. great idea if they work like they advertise. at least enough to get you home.

product-image-1818788800_1800x1800.jpg

Interesting, I carry the gummy worms but these look more convenient. Why haven't I heard of them before?

The gummy worms are permanent and last the life of the tire those thing need to be removed and replaced with something else later dangerous and a waste of time imho.

Sent using a thumb maybe 2

Ryan F9 should have included them in his review vid.

Gummy worms aren't meant to be permanent (though some people use them that way) they're supposed to get you home where you're supposed to replace them with a permanent patch, the kind that goes on the inside.

The advantage of this over gummy worms is you don't need to carry glue, the probe tool, the insert tool, plus a knife to cut it flush. You just need a screw driver, which is already included in the toolkit on every bike.

Gummy worms aren't meant to be permanent (though some people use them that way) they're supposed to get you home where you're supposed to replace them with a permanent patch, the kind that goes on the inside.

The advantage of this over gummy worms is you don't need to carry glue, the probe tool, the insert tool, plus a knife to cut it flush. You just need a screw driver, which is already included in the toolkit on every bike.
No glue needed on the strings for years and there have been multi tests showing they make a good permanent fix. Anecdotally I have had tires with more than one string plug in it and they have always outlasted the tire. Look inside a tire with a string plug there is no way it is coming out of it was inserted properly.

Sent from my KFONWI using Tapatalk

I patched a cut on the sidewall of a trials tire with 4 of them lined up in a row. Lasted 2 seasons.
And my Tacoma has 2 in one tire and one in another for the last 5 years.

Another vote for gummy worms as an effective permanent fix. I carry a leatherman so I just need the gummy string and the insert tool. If the hole looks like a mess, there is a lighter in the bike, heat the string a little to get it gooey and I've never had one installed that way leak on car or bike.

I patched a cut on the sidewall of a trials tire with 4 of them lined up in a row. Lasted 2 seasons.
And my Tacoma has 2 in one tire and one in another for the last 5 years.

Nails in tires - the joy of living in Mennonite country….

I think it's a cool temporary option to limp you home. Saves a ton of space and seems fast and easy to install on the side of the road in the dark.

I use the gummies and find that without the cement, it's a much more difficult process, starting with getting them through the hook. Can't imagine doing it in the rain or with cold fingers.

I think it's a cool temporary option to limp you home. Saves a ton of space and seems fast and easy to install on the side of the road in the dark.

I use the gummies and find that without the cement, it's a much more difficult process, starting with getting them through the hook. Can't imagine doing it in the rain or with cold fingers.
Store one in the tool. Only on a really bad day would you need to get another one in. FWIW, I spread the prongs, use a stick or rock to hold them open, then leatherman pliers to pull the new rope through.

Nails in tires - the joy of living in Mennonite country….
Actually it was from working around Linamar places in Guelph.
And two of the flats were from a co-worker fixing the tailgate of a company truck..... Removes cover screws and toss.

Read the ad again says its meant to hold indefinitely.

Never Change A Tire Again

Puncturing a tire on the road is never fun! This can help you seal off all the dents in your tires without needing a toolbox nor an hour of headaches and repairs!

You don’t need to change your tire when it gets punctured, once the nail screws into the dent you can safely drive with your old tire without worrying about leaks or performance issues!

This is durable enough to hold your tire together indefinitely and come in different sizes to help you stay easily prepared for big and small unexpected punches on the road!

Read the ad again says its meant to hold indefinitely.

Never Change A Tire Again

Puncturing a tire on the road is never fun! This can help you seal off all the dents in your tires without needing a toolbox nor an hour of headaches and repairs!

You don’t need to change your tire when it gets punctured, once the nail screws into the dent you can safely drive with your old tire without worrying about leaks or performance issues!

This is durable enough to hold your tire together indefinitely and come in different sizes to help you stay easily prepared for big and small unexpected punches on the road!
It's good to know they can be permanent (or at least advertised as such, all of the reviews were five stars for quick delivery and nobody that actually used the product). I do not like that they are two different sizes, I don't like that there is no manufacturer as thread design and material is critical to avoid fling out and I highly dislike that they are called "tire puncture nails" that makes me question whether the product creator understands anything. I find I get more cuts than screw punctures. If someone buys these and uses one on a puncture, let us know how it holds up.

I'm sure they work fine. But my motto is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Gummy worms for me

Last edited:
I've got my doubts on the effectiveness of those ... watch the video's on that link and they spray the hole with soapy water after inserting 1 of these but the video lasts maybe a third of a second - not enough time to show a bubble form if it still leaks.

All they're doing on the vid is replacing 1 screw with another, albeit this one is fatter, but not gonna work IMO.

Back
Top Bottom