Tuesday - Last minute ride to Algonquin | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tuesday - Last minute ride to Algonquin

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
Edit:
Can't go on Tuesday anymore due to some house improvements now happening, but will revive this if I can go on a another warm(ish) day.
-------------------------
If anyone wants to join I've got a day off tomorrow and am heading up to Algonqiun. It will be cold, but it's the only day I got.

Leaving Mississauga around 6:30am to beat the morning traffic and back home by 6pm.

Not for newer riders due to quicker pace, twisty roads and not taking many breaks or even a lunch.
Route will be something like:
1636400723514.png

Cheers!

Last edited:
wow, 11hrs of riding that late in the season - daylight window is about 9-10hr now. We were coming back yesterday after 6pm in the dark and temperature dropped so much after sun was gone. Make sure you seat and grip warmers are functional :)

Last edited:
wow, 11hrs of riding that late in the season - daylight window is about 9-10hr now. We were coming back yesterday after 6pm in the dark and temperature dropped so much after sun was gone. Make sure you seat and grip warmers are functional :)
I have heated gear:)
And I just found out that I can't go anyways because contractors are showing up at my house at 7:30am to spray foam my garage.

Well you are missing it to get the garage SF'd so that should ease the blow. No doubt you intend to heat it after which should be easy after. What's the plan there?

Well you are missing it to get the garage SF'd so that should ease the blow. No doubt you intend to heat it after which should be easy after. What's the plan there?
They were supposed to come on Wednesday, but have had some equipment issues and now are coming tomorrow instead. Our garage was never insulated and we wanted to reduce the heat loss from the bedroom above the garage, which gets really cold in the winters. After the insulation goes in and the walls go back up, we'll put a nice floor down. I have a heater in the garage already, but as expected without any insulation, the heat loss was really quick. Now maybe I will actually work on my bike in the winters or even get a project bike to learn on. But the real goal is to get the bedroom warmer in the winters and use less energy to heat the house.

Yes the heated garage is key. It need not be that warm though. Believe it or not I keep my garage about 45F, put on insulated coveralls and toque and I work very comfortably. In out of the wind with a concrete floor is a first good step though. I remember changing front brakes on a K car in my driveway in the snow. Come to think of it maybe that's why 45 works...

Back
Top Bottom