Truck and motorcycle near miss at Hwy7 & Silver Linden Dr | GTAMotorcycle.com

Truck and motorcycle near miss at Hwy7 & Silver Linden Dr

Major Tom

Light was turning red, biker was waiting to make a left, truck started accelerating...
vlcsnap-2019-10-12-15h01m17s884_crop2.jpg
That was close!
vlcsnap-2019-10-12-15h01m31s717_crop2.jpg

dash cam video

Oh boy, Another left-turner.

If you are making a left turn and the lights are changing, never assume anyone coming in the other direction is going to stop until you see them stopping. If that means getting hung out to dry in the middle of the intersection because you have to wait for someone running a stale yellow, so be it.

another left turner?
the left hander is the bike.
do as brianP suggests, wait. Even waiting to turn until after its a red light, while waiting for the traffic to clear, is not an offense. Its smart riding.

Last edited:
Rolling the dice at the lights is not a good idea. One of the things I hate about Ontario is the lack of proper turn arrows at most intersections.

another left turner?
the left hander is the bike.
do as brianP suggests, wait. Even waiting to turn until after its a red light, while waiting for the traffic to clear, is not an offense. Its smart riding.
Yup. Always wait till its red if you have to.
For some reason a lot of people that i talk to think they'll get a ticket for running the red light, or the camera will catch them. That is not true as you're already inside the intersection. if you were before the line, then well... you shouldn't of went anyways....

Rolling the dice at the lights is not a good idea. One of the things I hate about Ontario is the lack of proper turn arrows at most intersections.
Issue is the number of intersections in the first place. Round-abouts please!

Back
Top Bottom