Triumph Street Triple | GTAMotorcycle.com

Triumph Street Triple

marlws

Anyone ride or have ridden a Triumph Street Triple?

I am in the process of getting one; a 2014 Street Triple in perfect condition with some tasty extra mods.
But was curious as to others experience riding one. They sound like nothing else. Not overly loud.
But such a unique growl;)

Sorry I wont be able to help much, but I've been on an older 2009 model a few times. The motor is a thing of beauty. My friend's only issue in 35k was needing a new stator.

Same as a Daytona just different ergos.
Motor is sweet. Handling is phenomenal.

My buddy just bought the 2018 Striple 765.
Will def be taking a test ride on it in the spring.

Last edited:
I've got the 765, love it! But not loud?? Change the pipe. I put the Racefit on mine and it's too loud, even with ear plugs it gets annoying after an hour, changing it over the winter. I've done some all day rides on it and never got uncomfortable on it, even after 6 plus hours. Lot's of fun in the twisties

You wanna hear loud...

My 2012 Daytona has a full hindle titanium system.
It's deafening!

I've got the 765, love it! But not loud?? Change the pipe. I put the Racefit on mine and it's too loud, even with ear plugs it gets annoying after an hour, changing it over the winter. I've done some all day rides on it and never got uncomfortable on it, even after 6 plus hours. Lot's of fun in the twisties

What are these twisties you speak of?

On the '13-'17 model the fuelling has a bizarre dead zone on decel between 6-4k RPM that can apparently be fixed by going full Arrow. All of a sudden engine braking will increase...very annoying.

Throttle tube on the 675 sucks, the throw to WOT is so long that extended riding at highway speeds (...or above) is a pain in the wrist. Common mod is to fit a Speed Triple tube, but then you have a much twitchier throttle

Common for the auto CCT to sound like a bag of rocks and dealers say it's normal

Coming from a bigger twin, bike feels completely devoid of torque

The mirrors suck and fitting aftermarket bar ends can be a problem since the bars are threaded

If I could have the 765, I'd be riding that instead of the 675

They are great looking bikes and have a nice unique look. And yes, they sound great!

Railside Performance

Very detailed. Thanks for this.

On the '13-'17 model the fuelling has a bizarre dead zone on decel between 6-4k RPM that can apparently be fixed by going full Arrow. All of a sudden engine braking will increase...very annoying.

Throttle tube on the 675 sucks, the throw to WOT is so long that extended riding at highway speeds (...or above) is a pain in the wrist. Common mod is to fit a Speed Triple tube, but then you have a much twitchier throttle

Common for the auto CCT to sound like a bag of rocks and dealers say it's normal

Coming from a bigger twin, bike feels completely devoid of torque

The mirrors suck and fitting aftermarket bar ends can be a problem since the bars are threaded

If I could have the 765, I'd be riding that instead of the 675

I miss mine :-(

Great for touring. Great for spirited mountain roads. Great for everything except off road.
I never had an issue with the throttle throw/sore wrists and road the bike many times for 8-10 hours of seat time in a day.

The engine at idle isn't the best sounding but under load through hard acceleration...beauty.
I do like the whizzing/whistling sound from the impeller though.

Triumph makes bar end mirrors too but it's extra $$.

I’ll chime in when home. I’ve had the r version and today I’m on my non r version.

I had a 2012 street triple R. Dual arrows. They were pretty loud and after a few hours,they became really annoying. Even with earplugs I could hear them in my head post ride. Short wheelbase, super light weight,excellent smooth motor. Very comfortable ergo. Suspension is harsh and tiring on a long days ride up north on bad roads.

The seat sloped slightly forward so after after a few hours it could get a bit uncomfortable. I used a Alaska sheepskin on my seat. I tried a Sargent seat which did not work for me. The throttle was very easy to keep open for hours,no cramp buster needed. Required premium fuel which aggravated me to no end.

Fuel mileage age isn’t great but isn’t bad either. You are pretty much at the very end of the tank getting 350 k out of a tank depending on the prevailing conditions. Power comes on nice but you must be very smooth with your throttle openings or it’s a buck n roll.

The brakes were were really sensitive. Grabby almost. I didn’t like that very much. I had to remember to brake carefully to avoid locking up or doing a stoppie. With a givi windscreen it did a very good job of cutting some windblast. I had handguards and heat grips installed as well. Plus a full luggage system for hard bags, the racks were custom made to take Givi bags. Rearack as well. Sold it for some stupid reason......

and now I am on a 2015 street triple....NOT the R version this time. I didn’t want to revisit the grabby brakes and harsh suspension and premium fuel. I don’t do track days, I don’t ride aggressively,I don’t need those things on my bike. The street triple is much more compliant and a more comfortable ride than the R.

No aftermarket pipe so far I don’t feel I need it. No flat spots anywhere and tons of fun with a throttle twist. It’s setup with SW motech luggage this time around for huge weight savings over the racks but still giving me storage that looks good, sits in tight to the bike and compliments the look of the machine without bulk.

no top box this time around. I have handguards with bar-end mirrors. Triumph sliders,mirrors,levers and something else I can’t remember. Do yourself a favour and spend some money for case covers. Really, the ergos are all day long comfortable and then awesome for the twisties in WV.

i rode my 2012 for about 10 days down south with about 60 litres of storage that had all my camping gear,food ,cooler and clothes. Had a blast. I like that engine so much I may need to revisit a tiger when it’s time to retire the bmw. I much prefer it over the twin.

Back
Top Bottom