Trip to Montreal / Kingston/ Ottawa Monday 12 Aug. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Trip to Montreal / Kingston/ Ottawa Monday 12 Aug.

eagle

I'm going on a road trip to Montreal on the morning of Monday 12 August.
I'm wondering if anyone would be going my way or half way to Kingston city or even to Ottawa.

Thanks.

I often visit my elderly parents near Kingston and have a great route on secondary roads through small towns. It took me a few trips over a few years to settle on this:

Uxbridge, Port Perry, Bethany, Cavan, Millbrook, 4th line gravel road, Keene, north of Rice Lake, Hastings, Campbellford, Stirling, Springbrook, Tweed, Marlbank, Tamworth, Enterprise, Verona, Desert Lake Rd. to Sydenham, Perth Rd. to Westport.

Will be going again soon, maybe on Monday.

Going to Montreal myself also, but on the 16th, let me know how it goes! btw what bike do you have? I got a r6 its gonna be bad for the back lol

Ugh...not slab is it? I've done that trip almost half a dozen times this year.
10am is the best time to leave to get through the ******** that is Toronto weekday traffic, and the traffic INTO Montreal isn't too bad in the evening as long as you are going downtown and not Montreal Nord or up the 15.

Not too mention the single lane construction zones on the 401 East of Kingston. Or the damn semi's that travel side by side at 108km/h for 10km!

Or the seventeen OPP cruisers you'll pass.

Meh I'm leaving again Sunday...

Not too mention the single lane construction zones on the 401 East of Kingston. Or the damn semi's that travel side by side at 108km/h for 10km!

Or the seventeen OPP cruisers you'll pass.

Noted. I will try to drive near the limit, last thing I need is a ticket.

I often visit my elderly parents near Kingston and have a great route on secondary roads through small towns. It took me a few trips over a few years to settle on this:

Uxbridge, Port Perry, Bethany, Cavan, Millbrook, 4th line gravel road, Keene, north of Rice Lake, Hastings, Campbellford, Stirling, Springbrook, Tweed, Marlbank, Tamworth, Enterprise, Verona, Desert Lake Rd. to Sydenham, Perth Rd. to Westport.

^ As I am from kingston I can also vouch for the ride up through verona, there are TONS of windING country roads in that area (lots of turns, no police) Desert Lake road is a good example. Also westport is a really nice little town. If you are coming up through kingston, might be worth it to check these places out!

Things came up & I won't be able to make it to Montreal on this Monday.
I'll have to go the following Monday morning 19th Aug.
If anyone can join PLEASE send me Private message, Thanks.

Hey, how long does this ride usually take. I want to take some time off and tour. Looking for a week long ride- canada only.
http://goo.gl/maps/KfgmO

Last edited:
I'll be going straight through the 401 east to Kingston city take 1/2 hr break or so then head on 401 east to 40 east then 15 south to downtown Montreal. I'll stay there for a week then come back.

^^ That's not too interesting a trip to put it mildly. If you have the time I would head north from Kingston on any number of roads towards Ottawa, pop over to Gatineau and follow the Ottawa river on the other side down towards Montreal.

I did a little detour today along Montreal Rd from Kingston to Highway 15 at Jones Falls. Very very nice road for twisties. If you did that you could take the 15 all the way to Ottawa.

I'll be going straight through the 401 east to Kingston city take 1/2 hr break or so then head on 401 east to 40 east then 15 south to downtown Montreal. I'll stay there for a week then come back.

why bother - take the train. That will be a total bore and riding into the sun in the morning going there and into the sun coming back in the afternoon.....painful.

why bother - take the train. That will be a total bore and riding into the sun in the morning going there and into the sun coming back in the afternoon.....painful.

Well for starters, $300 round trip on the train, $60 for gas on the bike. Then you have to get around the city (not such a big deal if you are just staying downtown & Plateau). And there's several free parking area's for moto's, just watch out for the damn potholes.

I've done both, slabbing & running North. Hammer down on the 401 you are looking at 6 1/2-7hrs depending on how long you dawdle at rest stops (there's gas every 60km or so past Whitby, so no reason to jump off the 401).
Booking North to hit the tasty roads is a full FULL day, from dawn to well after dark, and you will be spent. I'm headed back this weekend, probably slabbing it Friday just to get the hell out of Ontario as quick as I can and touring on backroads on Monday.

Where is this Montreal Rd. by Smiths Falls?

Routes Economy class
(Escape fare)
Toronto – Montréal $39* Buy now

http://www.viarail.ca/en/fares-and-packages/escape-fare?gclid=COGbna2j_rgCFZBaMgodalgA3Q

Getting out of Ontario or New York State to the east is a 3-4 hour drag no matter what and 2 hours going north.

We're gonna slab to the Wolfe Island Ferry and then meander along to Lake Placid on the long weekend and poke around the roads there.

TomTom app has a cool winding roads selection that alters your route to find the "winding roads" - 3 levels - sometimes it's stupid - sometimes a hoot and places you would NEVER find on your own.
But it does take up time.
Nice bit - at any point you can switch to fastest.

Hey, how long does this ride usually take. I want to take some time off and tour. Looking for a week long ride- canada only.
http://goo.gl/maps/KfgmO

Hi. You asked how long the trip was that I talked about going through some small Ontario towns. Stopping for lunch, coffee, pictures, it takes 6 to 7 hours. On the way back there is a great alternate route on highway 33 west from Kingston, short free ferry ride to picton, then up to Brighton.

Last edited:
Well for starters, $300 round trip on the train, $60 for gas on the bike. Then you have to get around the city (not such a big deal if you are just staying downtown & Plateau). And there's several free parking area's for moto's, just watch out for the damn potholes.

I've done both, slabbing & running North. Hammer down on the 401 you are looking at 6 1/2-7hrs depending on how long you dawdle at rest stops (there's gas every 60km or so past Whitby, so no reason to jump off the 401).
Booking North to hit the tasty roads is a full FULL day, from dawn to well after dark, and you will be spent. I'm headed back this weekend, probably slabbing it Friday just to get the hell out of Ontario as quick as I can and touring on backroads on Monday.

Where is this Montreal Rd. by Smiths Falls?

It's a road in Kingston downtown that becomes battersea road. Just an interesting and entertaining way to get out and head north. There's a Montreal st exit from the 401 too if you are avoiding heading downtown.

Back
Top Bottom