Trikes | GTAMotorcycle.com

Trikes

GYMPY

Banned
Heard from fellow triker tonite that some training schools are now training beginners to properly ride trikes safely. Does anyone know of one????????? Sounds like Ontario is finally starting to get caught up in teaching trike riding. I am all for it as the Baby Boomers are getting up there in age and the legs, back, arms etc are not what they use to be. I am a high amputee and cannot ride anything but a trike. I love it and would never go back to two wheels even if I could. I joined a GWRRA chapter in Florida in 2005 and we were five trikes total out of eighty members. We now have over 40 trikes in the chapter. On some rides, it is only trikes. The trike scene will come north. Just a matter of time till it explodes. Ride safely all who read this. Roger

did my m2 exit with rti today. we were talking about this and the instructor said that they will take trikes on m2exits (not sure about m1exits) as the mto issues trike riders the same license as any other fullspeed motorcycle rider (no restrictions or whatever).

did my m2 exit with rti today. we were talking about this and the instructor said that they will take trikes on m2exits (not sure about m1exits) as the mto issues trike riders the same license as any other fullspeed motorcycle rider (no restrictions or whatever).

Actually if you do your m2x on a trike you get a limited licence (M condition), you can not ride any two wheel vehicle just 3

24. What happens if I take my road test on a motor tricycle and not a two-wheeled motorcycle?

If you choose to complete your road test on a motor tricycle and successfully pass the test, you will receive either an M2 or M licence with an M condition. The M condition will restrict you to driving only three-wheeled motorcycles on any public road in Ontario.
Anyone with an M condition specific to three-wheeled motorcycles is not authorized to operate a two-wheeled motorcycle.

26. If I hold a licence with an M condition that only allows me to drive a motor tricycle, what do I need to do to upgrade to a full unrestricted motorcycle licence?

To upgrade to a full unrestricted M licence, one that will allow you to drive a full-speed two-wheeled motorcycle, you must do the following:
You must successfully complete an M1 and M2 road test on a full-speed two-wheeled motorcycle
You will need a 90-day temporary licence that will allow you to operate a full-speed two-wheel motorcycle for training purposes, which can be obtained from the ServiceOntario - College Park Office or any DriveTest Centre for a fee of $7.50. This temporary licence will allow you to practise on a full-speed two-wheeled motorcycle before taking a road test.
Novice conditions may apply, depending on what licence you hold.

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/vehicle/emerging/motortricycles_faq.shtml

also more places are banning a certain "trike" conversion kit (basically training wheels for the bike) as it makes your 2 wheeled vehicle 4 wheeled and thus has to have the same requirements as a car.

Was talking with a trike guy this weekend about it. He knew someone who got off on not wearing a helmet because it now classifies as a car. But when he won that battle they came back and bit him hard on car requirements his bike didn't meet.

The outrigger kits can also be dangerous. Some of them can leave you with no drive wheel in contact with the road under certain conditions.

Was talking with a trike guy this weekend about it. He knew someone who got off on not wearing a helmet because it now classifies as a car. But when he won that battle they came back and bit him hard on car requirements his bike didn't meet.

I remember him from last weekend at bp... it wouldn't pass in ontario

The outrigger kits can also be dangerous. Some of them can leave you with no drive wheel in contact with the road under certain conditions.

Yeah, imagine going down the 401 and your drive wheel isn't touching the ground cause you're in the center of the tire track... something that folds up out of the way when moving might be feasible or a purpose built trike like the harley (and i think goldwing).

Back
Top Bottom