Trackers on motorcycles ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Trackers on motorcycles ?

zx6r_98

Tried doing a search but couldn't come up with anything....

What are the thoughts and opinions on having trackers on motorcycles ? For added safety from thieves specially. I'm sure them a$$holes would find a way to disable/remove them but may be it can cause them to stay away from your toy at least.

Tried doing a search but couldn't come up with anything....

What are the thoughts and opinions on having trackers on motorcycles ? For added safety from thieves specially. I'm sure them a$$holes would find a way to disable/remove them but may be it can cause them to stay away from your toy at least.
Why would it make anyone stay away? Most are not doing a detailed inspection before tossing it in a van. You don't need to disable/remove them, you can just jam the signal so they don't know where they are and can't send a message out. All you are doing is paying an install and monitoring fee for almost no benefit (some thief may be dumb enough not to jam it, but the cops won't do anything about it so knowing the location is worth almost zero).

If you really want to do something, a motion triggered smoke bomb or similar may work. Something with no ability to harm or you spend years in jail. It may get you kicked out of a condo if you get a false alarm though.

A hyosung bike cover is probably the most cost-effective anti-theft device available.

Why would it make anyone stay away? Most are not doing a detailed inspection before tossing it in a van. You don't need to disable/remove them, you can just jam the signal so they don't know where they are and can't send a message out. All you are doing is paying an install and monitoring fee for almost no benefit (some thief may be dumb enough not to jam it, but the cops won't do anything about it so knowing the location is worth almost zero).

If you really want to do something, a motion triggered smoke bomb or similar may work. Something with no ability to harm or you spend years in jail. It may get you kicked out of a condo if you get a false alarm though.

A hyosung bike cover is probably the most cost-effective anti-theft device available.

Lol true for the smoke bomb thing, i think there really isnt any thing keeping them away other than the bike cover option you mentioned.

It just a ****** way to loose a bike, id rather drop/crash it and watch it burn

A friend of mine went to pull out cash from an atm, left his suv running, came out and saw someone driving off with it. Tried to chase the car while it was still in the parking lot on foot, when a couple saw what had happened and gave him a lift so they can chase his car. Immediately got on the phone with police and were on the road behind his own stolen car. 911 dispatch immediately told them to stop and do not pursue anymore, he had to watch his car just GO. And when the pigs did arrive, they were giving him **** for the whole pursuit thing.

but God forbid id be smoking a joint and they would show up with a swat team (that's when pot was "illegal")

Monimoto is getting alot of press lately.

Your friend, did he get the insuarnce money? I'm not sure, though wouldn't the payout be void since he left the keys in the car and it was open?

I've thought about it a lot over the years, and more so lately given the higher value of my bike....but being a low theft target regardless, I'll probably still pass on it.

But I do like the idea of being able to see where my property is. You can get cellular based location trackers on Amazon and eBay for <$50. Just insert a SIM with a SMS or Data plan (some work either way) and mount it somewhere not easily accessable/seen. Most have some backup power onboard to keep themselves alive even if the battery is pulled.

Will it stop the super savvy theives who are going to go out of their way to block satellite signals from giving these sorts of trackers a fix? Nope. But will they help against the joyriding punk kid who just wants to have a blast on your bike before ditching it somewhere a few hours later? Perhaps.

Your friend, did he get the insuarnce money? I'm not sure, though wouldn't the payout be void since he left the keys in the car and it was open?

Insurance is void if you do something illegal.
Leaving your keys in a vehicle or leaving it running is not illegal.

That was a pure joy run thing, the car had some tech gadget which made it not go over certain kms or something like that. They did find it abandoned with significant damage tho.

I've thought about it a lot over the years, and more so lately given the higher value of my bike....but being a low theft target regardless, I'll probably still pass on it.

But I do like the idea of being able to see where my property is. You can get cellular based location trackers on Amazon and eBay for <$50. Just insert a SIM with a SMS or Data plan (some work either way) and mount it somewhere not easily accessable/seen. Most have some backup power onboard to keep themselves alive even if the battery is pulled.

Will it stop the super savvy theives who are going to go out of their way to block satellite signals from giving these sorts of trackers a fix? Nope. But will they help against the joyriding punk kid who just wants to have a blast on your bike before ditching it somewhere a few hours later? Perhaps.
I remember watching a security footage of a new mercedes being stolen. no keys, just some remote technology. But i do agree with the idea of some dumba$$ taking off your bike with ... that would be a bummer :)

Makes me want to bring the bike inside the house :D .... Only if :D

Back
Top Bottom