Trackday Apparel | GTAMotorcycle.com

Trackday Apparel

omnivore

Site Supporter
People always talk about, and complain about bike tech at trackdays.
Lets talk about riding gear tech!! Feel free to add, and/or discuss.

I will start:

Don't try to cut corners, or circumvent rules, or get away with bare minimum when it comes to your safety, and the safety of your fellow riders that you intend to share trackspace with. Motorcycles are inherently dangerous, and the risks involved with circumstances out of our control are very great, so let's use the opportunities afforded to us beforehand to make our best attempt at controlling the risks we can do something about, by making sure our gear and preparedness is the best we can get with the possible risks we can forsee.

The only place I should be able to see your skin is your face inside your helmet, and neck between helmet and suit.

Don't show up in textile period (it isn't abrasion resistant enough), DO show up in a 1 pc, or 2 pc leather suit that zips together all the way around your waist.
Don't show up in sneakers, DO show up in safe motorcycle specific boots that cover your ankles completely.
Don't show up with shorty gloves, DO show up in full gauntlet gloves that cover the wrists of your suit.
Don't show up without a back protector.
Don't show up in any helmet other than a 1 pc fullface helmet (no flip-ups). Also be sure it has it's original D-Rings....don't come with one of those aftermarket quick release doo-hickey things for people who are too lazy to do up a helmet properly. Make sure it's date and safety certification meets the requirements of the organizer's specs.
Be sure to drink lots of water to stay hydrated......you will make bad choices, and riding errors once you become dehydrated.

I pass your DO list.

May I add some sort of under clothing. It was a ***** removing my leathers between sessions.

I saw people wearing shorty boots and textile on Sunday. I'm still wondering how they passed tech....

If any of the switches broke on your suit, DO NOT ducktape them. Get them repair properly. Ducktape will melt right away as soon as it hit pavement and your suit will be open again in no time.

I pass your DO list.

May I add some sort of under clothing. It was a ***** removing my leathers between sessions.
Buy some under gear. I have the Performance Under Gear stuff that Rider's Choice sells.
Keeps you cool and makes it really easy to take off and put on the suit.

As far as the original post is concerned, I thought it was common sense but I guess not.

^^ what he said. My legs are impossible to get in the pants unless I have an underlayer. And yes, I tried---it really didn't work!

I saw people wearing shorty boots and textile on Sunday. I'm still wondering how they passed tech....

Oh I know...This is precisely why I started this thread.
TMP was running their own day on Sunday, and allowed it...I told those underdressed riders that if it were up to me, they wouldn't be on the track. I also told them not to come back without proper gear next time.

Well said Lad !!! Under armor of some type is a must for riding comfort(compression fit really helps me from locking muscles lol) Daryl Soar # 97 :cool:

Oh I know...This is precisely why I started this thread.
TMP was running their own day on Sunday, and allowed it...I told those underdressed riders that if it were up to me, they wouldn't be on the track. I also told them not to come back without proper gear next time.

Exactly why you Wont see me at a tmp day again. Tech was also flimsy

Back
Top Bottom