Track Tires For Use on Street | GTAMotorcycle.com

Track Tires For Use on Street

rideitlikeyoustoleit

I just want to know what your thoughts are on using track tires on street.

I was suppose to track my Ninja 650R this year so I got a set of Pirelli Dragon Rain
track tires. Something came up literally couple days after I bought the tires and I won't be able to track anymore. Since I was planning on getting a set of street tires as well I figured I'd save some money this year and just use my track tires for the streets. What are your thoughts on this?

Getting another set of street tires is not an issue but it'd be nice if I could save some money and just buy my street tires next season. Tire size is 120/70/17 & 160/60/17.

Rain tires won't last very long used on the street, they are a soft compound and don't last long in the dry.

Sell them and buy DOT tires. If you're on a budget buy some scrubs.

They'd make awesome winter tires...or supermoto tires, or dual sport tires.

I don't want to go through the hassle of having to sell them but I am trying to and hopefully I sell them sooner than later. Where can I get some unexpensive used tires?

Kellen, don't know if you're being serious or sarcastic haha. Please confirm.

I'm assuming these are rain tires meant for riding in wet conditions.

Ever watch a rain race where the track starts to dry? The riders try to find wet sections of the track to ride on to keep the tires cool. I'd expect these tires would self destruct if ridden on dry pavement for an extended period of time.

Any particular reason you bought rain tires as what appears to be your only track tires?

I just want to know what your thoughts are on using track tires on street.

I was suppose to track my Ninja 650R this year so I got a set of Pirelli Dragon Rain
track tires. Something came up literally couple days after I bought the tires and I won't be able to track anymore. Since I was planning on getting a set of street tires as well I figured I'd save some money this year and just use my track tires for the streets. What are your thoughts on this?

Getting another set of street tires is not an issue but it'd be nice if I could save some money and just buy my street tires next season. Tire size is 120/70/17 & 160/60/17.

rain tires would fall appart very quickly in dry conditions. would have less traction in the dry then if you keep them wet and cool. it would be a waste, when you could just sell them and put that $$ towards your new tires.

Back
Top Bottom