track gearing for cbr600rr | GTAMotorcycle.com

track gearing for cbr600rr

Tmp. Grand bend.

I've never ridden Grand Bend but it looks much like TMP..-1 front, +2 or 3 rear is a pretty good start. They're both like Shannonville Nelson circuit in terms of speed/gearing.

Lol running novice with soar. Wanted an idea what you fast kids are running. Having fittest issues with 15/45 and 190/6.50 tire. 112 link chain tire rubs swing arm. 114 link chain maxed out in swing arm.

I'm curious about this too. I am running -1 +3 for Shannonville and it is serving me pretty good. I'm running intermediate pace.

How should I adjust for Mosport? Not sure what my times will be like there but I would like to go fast on that straight since the opportunity is there. If i was to buy only one additional sprocket what should I do? Stock front, or stock rear? Or buy two for another combination?

Thanks in advance.

If you're an intermediate pace, I'd say don't worry about gearing and just worry about improving your riding. I was ringing off of 6th for about a 1.5 seconds on my 07 R1 before braking into turn 8, would I have had more fun if I geared it properly so I wasn't doing that? probably not. Would I have done better lap times? slim chance. It's more about growing the gonads (confidence) to brake later into those fast corners at Mosport and getting the right drives out of them. Mosport is very rewarding (fun) if you start nailing that stuff down. That goes for any track really, just more rewarding at Mosport. If you've never even ridden at Mosport and you're going there for the first time. Don't even think about bike settings and use the first day there learning the track.

-1 +3 is generally a good gearing for all the tracks. The RR has also great mid range compared to the other 600s (imo), utilize it.

I'm curious about this too. I am running -1 +3 for Shannonville and it is serving me pretty good. I'm running intermediate pace.

How should I adjust for Mosport? Not sure what my times will be like there but I would like to go fast on that straight since the opportunity is there. If i was to buy only one additional sprocket what should I do? Stock front, or stock rear? Or buy two for another combination?

Thanks in advance.

My speedo was showing 252 on my stock 2007 cbr600rr with plus 1 on the rear. No speedo healer.

Thanks in advance.

I would guess at Mosport, you should be doing 1 or max 2 up in the rear. I think 1 down in the front is too much. Depends on how fast you get out of the hairpin and how quick you are up the hill and where your braking point for 8 is. Turn 8 is really fast so you can generally brake later than most beginners there realize.

Ok sorry to bring up an old topic but i need advice for mosport gearing.

08 cbr600

I tried -1 +3 last year it was too short and topping out 3/4 of the way up the straight

I tried -1 0 this year and i wasnt making it into 6th on the straight. Plus drive out of corner was not there.

What is my happy middle? 0 +2? I really didnt want to buy two sprockets b7t will if thats what it takes. Or can i try 0 +3 or all stock.

Im running at an intermediate pace of 1:35.

Thanks.

If I recall correctly, 1 tooth on the front is about 2.5 teeth on the rear. So 0, +3 is slightly shorter than -1, 0.

I think i ran 0- +2 on a zx6 this year, and was hitting redline before the bridge.

My speedo was showing 252 on my stock 2007 cbr600rr with plus 1 on the rear. No speedo healer.

So in reality it was about 230km/hr

If I recall correctly, 1 tooth on the front is about 2.5 teeth on the rear. So 0, +3 is slightly shorter than -1, 0.

Depends on your sprocket setup. I have a 16/46 so my -1 is almost identical to a +3.
Also doing the front sprocket instead of the rear could save you having to have 2 chains

Back
Top Bottom