Track Fairings on Street Bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

Track Fairings on Street Bike

Sebi

Don't call me Shirley
Site Supporter
Got a little sick and tired of swapping fairings for each track day, so decided to make the track fairings street legal. Now, all I have to do for track prep is swap the rear wheel, swap tail fairings and remove the underside LED lamps.

Also wanted to dick around with new gimbal; put a little video together here
jOzFJj6.jpg

lXG9SRD.jpg

7oDSroQ.jpg

Mrnw6NL.jpg

nuZuJwb.jpg

Plate light and rear signals? o_O

Looks cool, not 100% sold on the functionality. Are all the lights just available parts from a webstore, or did you have to fabricate things yourself?

Plate light and rear signals? o_O

Looks cool, not 100% sold on the functionality. Are all the lights just available parts from a webstore, or did you have to fabricate things yourself?

I have an integrated turn light, works really, really well. Took me a while to find one that was actually clearly visible in broad daylight. The tail light illuminates the plate nicely. Strips and lamps are about $30 for each pair and they are well above my expectations.

Missing front signals or do i need another cup of coffee?

Btw, nice job. Looks fantastic!

Nope, check out the video. The front LED strips are switchbacks, they have built in sequential turn signals. They are clearly visible in broad daylight and about a foot long each. I'd say visibility of the bike overall has increased greatly vs what I had before. Granted, it's probably not quite as visible as the OEM pumpkins but those definitely didn't stay on the bike long.

What are the headlights and are they any good? Proper low beam cutoff, proper separate pattern for high beam? If you're not riding at night, perhaps it doesn't matter so much.

Looks good from here!

What are the headlights and are they any good? Proper low beam cutoff, proper separate pattern for high beam? If you're not riding at night, perhaps it doesn't matter so much.

Looks good from here!

$30 ones off amazon, work well, way above expectations. They actually have a separate "Hi-Beam" mode but it's not really a true hi-beam, just an increased power level. I aimed them down so as to not blind incoming traffic. I never ride at night unless something unexpected comes up; they were installed for the once in a blue moon that I get stuck out past my bedtime.

Looks good, One piece of advice, bend the plate bracket slightly to make the plate more like OEM, (May save you from a ticket), but only needs to be bend perhaps 15 degrees bottom towards the rear, you have plenty of clearance to do so. You never know when yoyu will run into a cop having a bad day..lol

That's a clean looking track bike I don't blame you wanting to ride it on the street like that. Nice job I'd ride that for sure.

Got a quick little video of the turn signals in early evening; still lots of light out but a bit less than original video

Back
Top Bottom