Track bike build | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Track bike build

This is a beautiful build. Well Done !!!!
Thanks! It's been a much longer and more expensive project than originally planned (surprise!), but has actually been a real joy to do. I've said it elsewhere, but it would've been much cheaper to buy one already track prepped, but it would've been a lot less fun and satisfying...

Last edited:
Thanks! It's been a much longer and more expensive project that originally planned (surprise!), but has actually been a real joy to do. I've said it elsewhere, but it would've been much cheaper to buy one already track prepped, but it would've been a lot less fun and satisfying...

It always is. Whatever number you come up with its probably better just to multiply it by 4... LOL (Edit: and never mention it to the wife)

Last edited:
It always is. Whatever number you come up with its probably better just to multiply it by 4... LOL
You're not far off, and a lot closer to reality than I'd like. What made it way worse is my own fear of needing spares, as the bikes are getting older and rarer, and many parts are no longer available from Honda. Those bits then become expensive as demand outstrips supply. I now have extra side covers, CDI box, ECU, reg/rec, fuel pressure regulators, coils (which I no longer need because I put in updated coil-on-plugs), frame sliders, assorted gaskets, and a bunch of other bits and pieces. Some track-biased aftermarket stuff has dried up as well, as the trend lately has been to return them to fully stock and the go-fast bits have seen demand drop.

Honda did recently start producing new spares for the RC30, so a lot of the RC51 guys are hoping they'll follow suit on the newer bike. Someone has even started 3D printing uncut undertail copies for a fortune, as everyone back in the day took a hacksaw to the giant fender molded into the stock undertray...

GB is a great track. Wish i was closer to it. I'm closest to TMP but liking it less and less. Traction seems to be getting worse there.

Back
Top Bottom