track bike brake pads | GTAMotorcycle.com

track bike brake pads

Domon

Site Supporter
Just wanted recommendations on what pads would be good for an 05 06 honda cbr600rr.

I have the same bike.
The pads you use will depend some on your riding. I was using EBC HH pads and they were great the first year, but I started to get a bit too much transfer and uneven (thumping) brakes. I still use them on my street bike, like them a lot there.
I'm using race pads now. (Vesrah) Still get some transfer and have to clean the rotors from time to time. EBC and race pads both have good initial bite and I haven't had any problems with fade.

Racing or track days? How fast are you? What tracks do you normally go to? Answers to these questions will help guide people to pads for you to try (or avoid).

I usually go mostly to Shannonville and Cayuga. I'm about 250 pounds and I run middle of intermediate group. If you guys recommand pads can you give part number I know there are 3 type of ebc HH pads and veshra also has different pads.

Sent from my LG-H812 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I really didn't like the EBC stuff and now swear by Vesrah RJL pads. Paired with some SS lines and RBF 660, I have never been happier with my brakes.

Ferodo ZRAC is also a very good option. Couple friends are at the sharp end of Red group, and they run the Ferodo XRAC for a full season (10ish days) of track days before replacing them.

pro6 is offering these pads : RC-1 Sports Brake Pad BP-516-HHP anyone use these.

;) go with the cheaper pads and put all that money you saved towards race fuel.

I did a complete season racing on stock oem
Pads and rubber brake lines . Fresh brake fluid is beneficial.

Back
Top Bottom