TPS: PUBLIC SAFETY DATA PORTAL (aka: CrashMap - filter by Motorcycle Drivers) | GTAMotorcycle.com

TPS: PUBLIC SAFETY DATA PORTAL (aka: CrashMap - filter by Motorcycle Drivers)

20-54 is a massive age group! That makes total sense that the biggest age group by a country mile have the highest incident occurrence. That is not a statistic to me.

Nevermind the entire population of the country, just think about riders. 20-54 in my mind is nearly the entire riding population. 16-20 there are nowhere near as many people riding just because of the economics of owning/insuring a bike in Ontario at that age. After 55ish I think many riders begin to end their riding, and the ones that still ride ride less.

@172Driver - i will challenge your thinking a bit here and ask you to put up some evidence to support your assertion -

The other nugget this crash-map gives us is that the majority of fatal accidents do not occur on high-speed roads or highways, but primarily on city and high-traffic low-speed roads. Drivers on the highways might be thought to be 'commuters' with more predictable and better managed & cared-for lanes.

traversing the GTA on city-streets, vs. on high-ways is completely different riding problem - the driver-to-driver transactions between and across intersections is definitely a higher risk situation than the predictability of lane-interchanges and on/off highway ramps. I would also say that the engineering on managing traffic flow within the cities is compromised continually by the urban build-up, higher number of pedestrians, and number of vehicles using these city streets.

i think we would all agree accidents always have an element of rider input that either contribute or help to prevent accidents from happening and escalating to a fatality. (not including the inputs of the other parties involved - a motorcycle rider does maintain a higher degree of awareness at all times - so if anything - would have a greater likelihood to take opportunities for preventative measures)

I have no evidence, wasn't trying to argue with you or the TPS!!! I'm just thinking of the riding population that I encounter.

Definitely agree with you that city roads are much more risky than highway/controlled access roads by far/

Back
Top Bottom