Torque wrench, what size? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Torque wrench, what size?

That's just snobbery, not reality (for most torque wrenches, I am sure there are some that can't be brought into spec). Even theoretically reputable companies like MAC are just buying from a factory and rebranding. I don't know of any home gamers that are paying for a cal sticker on their tools.
Yup. I've seen snap on stuff that was a total rip off.

The actual real problem with them is that tool shops will laugh at you if you ask them to calibrate them
Pretty easy to test a click type torque wrench if you are in a tool store that sells beam style torque wrenches,
;) I think I could have done that for you in about 3 minutes. The guys in that store are not very smart.

The excuse that I am used to hearing is "we can't get parts for them"

I don't disagree

If you need parts to get your torque wrench calibrated, something has gone horribly wrong. On a click wrench, you are just adjusting a screw to change spring tension.
Adjuster screw is likely hidden under a sticker that indicates it was inspected.

Actually the DeWalt ones that CT sells are better (and they go on sale too) - they have a lifetime warranty. (CT *used* to sell these as Maximum wrenches, but they changed them to something slightly crappier and killed the warranty - I have these wrenches in Maximum form)

Edit: That reminds me, should go trade in my 1/2" - the ratcheting head is starting to freeze up

I've had mine for a few years, so maybe they are the DeWalt ones.

I had an issue with my "Lifetime" warranted 3/8 wrench and CT did replace it no charge, the catch being that the one they replaced it with only had a 1y warranty. I told the service desk staff at that time that they can't effectively change the original item's warranty terms but I just got a blank look and a shrug..... Not really an issue unless I have to replace it once more.

I suspect that some owners simply brought in a lifetime warranty wrench in every couple of years to exchange it for a new one vs. getting it recalibrated and it took CT a few years to figure this out.

I've had mine for a few years, so maybe they are the DeWalt ones.

I had an issue with my "Lifetime" warranted 3/8 wrench and CT did replace it no charge, the catch being that the one they replaced it with only had a 1y warranty. I told the service desk staff at that time that they can't effectively change the original item's warranty terms but I just got a blank look and a shrug..... Not really an issue unless I have to replace it once more.

I suspect that some owners simply brought in a lifetime warranty wrench in every couple of years to exchange it for a new one vs. getting it recalibrated and it took CT a few years to figure this out.
In 11 months use it with a 4 ft pipe on it.

The problem with PA, mastercrap etc is from the outside they sell it as a "mastercraft maximum 1/2" torque wrench" but the contents may change every year based on the supplier with the best price. You obviously got part of a good batch, based on the current reviews they are not selling a good batch right now. Next year they may be great again.

That could be said for a lot of products... Lol

I have a dewalt 3/8 one that I got from CT for like $75ish on sale. Comes in a nice case and goes from 20-100 ft/lbs

1 of each.
Can NEVER have too many tools.

Back
Top Bottom