Toronto Motorcycle Show - February 17-19 2023 | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Toronto Motorcycle Show - February 17-19 2023

I'm going to the media event tomorrow morning. I'm going to try to speak directly to the representatives of the manufacturers.
I would like the following questions answered:

Aprilia - Why are you paying Maverick Vinales over 10x what you pay Aleix Asparagus?

Royal Enfield - Would it kill you to spend a little more money and make a motor that isn't three or four different colors?

Vespa - Have you considered making your underseat storage or topcases even just 1" bigger so a full face fits?

Harley-Davidson - You discontinued the V-Rod so you could increase production of the Street at the Kansas City plant. Two years later you shut down the Kansas City plant and moved Street production to the Pennsylvania plant. The next year you discontinued the Street line. Now you make a liquid cooled motorcycle derived from the V-Rod's engine and making the same power the V-Rod made 20 years ago. You've gone a really long way to come full circle. My question is, what the **** are you guys doing?

Honda - Why did it take you an extra two years to let us have the Trail 125?

Suzuki - Why has it been 13 years since you made a new cruiser?

Yamaha - Are you actually going to let us have XSR900s this year, because we got none in Ontario last year and I wanted one and you cockteased and blueballed me and I'm not okay.

I have a media badge. I am told this makes me a member of the press. I demand the truth.
Don't get tossed out !

I don't see Kawi.

Attachments

• 20230217_114151.jpg
    20230217_114151.jpg
    665.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 20230217_114209.jpg
    20230217_114209.jpg
    622 KB · Views: 51
  • 20230217_114248.jpg
    20230217_114248.jpg
    766.7 KB · Views: 50

was hoping the weather was gonna be like yesterday so i'd just ride there. but looks like its gonna be like -20 all weekend. bleh. and pretty sure parking will be around $20 unless you want to park north of the gardener somewhere on a sidestreet and take a good stroll down.

i'll probably just take the go train to the exhibition go station since im right on the bloor line.

was hoping the weather was gonna be like yesterday so i'd just ride there. but looks like its gonna be like -20 all weekend. bleh. and pretty sure parking will be around $20 unless you want to park north of the gardener somewhere on a sidestreet and take a good stroll down.

i'll probably just take the go train to the exhibition go station since im right on the bloor line.
+4 tomorrow, +7 Sunday!

Cutekill,Redneck,Wingboy,Hammie,Wildbill, Wobblycat,PapaPepper,Pepper,Adri (ScreamingBaby) Shanekingsley.Slowpoke,JDMster,Iceman.Goldie.Twistedkestrel.BrianP.Vontwowheels.
More to come I'm sure.

Last edited:
Is the GP sale just no tax AND additional percent off?

Last edited:
It did seem like a smaller show but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

The lack of Kawasaki, Indian/Polaris, Ducati and BMW were quite noticeable and I was also disappointed with no Husqvarna and smaller makes like Gas Gas and Beta. I do realize that 2 of them are KTM but I wanted to see them. There was no representation from the Vintage MC group, or Vintage Japanese group or any other clubs (aside the VRRA) which I think diminishes the show to a degree.

The lack of candied nuts was also a disappointment for me, but I got over it.

At the same time I was pleased (and intrigued) to see the Can Am electric bikes as well as the Zero, and Sauron (??) ones. I think I've got the name wrong; can't imagine they named it after the bad-guy in Lord of the Rings. Yamaha, HD and a couple other also electric assist bikes on display which was kind of cool.

The Honda CT125 was quite popular with guys with more grey hair than me.

There were several tour companies as well as the Trans Ontario Trail which I was quite interested in.

GP Bikes and Riders Choice were there but the displays were smaller than other years, but so be it.

I have to say, after seeing the Royal Enfield 650 in person I quite liked it. It compared favorable with the similar Triumphs.

At the same time, after seeing the new Sportster I HATE IT. For a company that is so image focused it just looks like a hot mess to me. It completely eschews the history of the model and marque and just looks like a pile of ill-conceived, bolted together alter-thoughts. "We need a rad!", "Fine; bolt it there, and here's some plastic coverups." They had one sitting there that looked like it had balloon tires on it. I have little doubt that it is a better engine than the EVO 883/1200 it replaces, but the bike itself leaves me nauseous.

I have had a soft spot for the Sportster since the iron XLX and alloy XR1000 of 1982/83. I appreciated the basic "rawness" of them and the bare-bones utility, and could recognize the relationship to the history of the marque. It was a true enthusiasts bike, and reading Alan Girdler for many years just enhanced my appreciation. The new ones are so far removed from the ethos that built HD they are unrecognizable as HD's. But they do remind me of (cheaply made) running shoes with a brand label prominently displayed.

The HD booth was full of millennials (no grey hair) so my opinion carries the weight of a fresh kleenex but they were more interested in the big twins.

Anyways, I really enjoyed the show. Nice to see it back.

The Honda CT125 was quite popular with guys with more grey hair than me.
Understandable. I logged many hours on a CT70 back in the mid 70's. I'd love a new Dax if only for nostalgia. Not available in Canada. 🙁

Smaller exhibit hall but still a much better show than the one back in Jan.
I got to try out the Hayabusa once again...so g*d*mn beautiful that bike..I will need to get one for myself before it goes out of production.
Whatever infatuation I had with the GSX1000R disappeared 3 seconds after I tried to sit (comfortably) on the bike lmao.

Didnt see any GTAM booth anywhere..must've missed it.
Went in at 12:30pm and we were out by 3:00pm. Picked up 6 litres of Liquimoly from RidersChoice on my way out as well.

I got to try out the Hayabusa once again...so g*d*mn beautiful that bike..

Went in at 12:30pm and we were out by 3:00pm. Picked up 6 litres of Liquimoly from RidersChoice on my way out as well.
Turn right at the entrance. We were waiting for you!

GTAM booth is along the wall. As soon as you enter, turn right and walk to the end. You can't miss us.

We are right near VRRAs booth.

I got to try out the Hayabusa once again...so g*d*mn beautiful that bike..I will need to get one for myself before it goes out of production.
Whatever infatuation I had with the GSX1000R disappeared 3 seconds after I tried to sit (comfortably) on the bike lmao.

The s1000rr (2019+) is the most comfortable Superbike.

Back
Top Bottom