Top Gear drives heavy, armored vehicle through inner city. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Top Gear drives heavy, armored vehicle through inner city.

Haha thats awesome. Be curious to know the budget for that show, crush two cars, blow up a hummer, and try to blow up a $500,000 tank resulting in a flat tire and messed up bumper. I'm sure top gear has to foot the bill to fix the tank? All for 3 minutes of humourus TV.

The rear drive shaft seemed to be damaged as well... but regardless...
Flight for 5 men crew and equipment,
1 alfa and the other car
1 hummer
some minor building damage
~$100,000?? for a 10 min clip?

The rear drive shaft seemed to be damaged as well... but regardless...
Flight for 5 men crew and equipment,
1 alfa and the other car
1 hummer
some minor building damage
~$100,000?? for a 10 min clip?

Way more than that. the "tank" cost $500,000 Pounds(or did he say it in us currency?) Either way...

Not sure if they would need to buy it or rent/pay for repairs. I would think buy.

All vehicles are provided by manufacturer for the purpose of promotion. This is an ad for a product for an actual moto-journalism. I think they have the vehicles provided by manufacturer (when they say good things about the product), private owners (for comparative testing).
In case of Tesla Roadster (or wherever its called) Tesla sued Top Gear for false information and misrepresentation of the product. From what I can recall Tesla asked for clarification but TG refused to do it on air. After filing the case Top Gear decided to apologize, but that was not enough.

That was a slight digression. I think the vehicle was given for the show by the manufacturer. Otherwise they would not try to damage it so hard.

Been there, done that... And it was FRIGGIN AWESOME! Well, it wasn't awesome when you're in there for 18 hours, A/C broken, it's 50 something outside and you're in the military blast seats with kit on... But driving through traffic you feel pretty secure when everything else is Corollas and 70cc knock off honda motorcycles.

Had one blow up right in front of me, tire was thrown about 200 yards, rear axle destroyed but everyone inside lived to laugh about it that night.

Been there, done that... And it was FRIGGIN AWESOME! Well, it wasn't awesome when you're in there for 18 hours, A/C broken, it's 50 something outside and you're in the military blast seats with kit on... But driving through traffic you feel pretty secure when everything else is Corollas and 70cc knock off honda motorcycles.

Had one blow up right in front of me, tire was thrown about 200 yards, rear axle destroyed but everyone inside lived to laugh about it that night.

Now that is a cool story +1

Crazy man.

This one is my favourite:
[video=youtube;EGUZJVY-sHo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGUZJVY-sHo[/video]

How did you like that one pass Piquet put on Senna? 4 wheel drift at the end of the straight in order to pull it off. Insane! I was fortunate enough to live in Brazil during that era of F1. No one talks about Piquet, but he was 2 or 3 time world champion himself.... but Senna was special.

Unreal what he did with the car. Compared to today's electronics and safety features, watching how the car "danced" on straights, I don't know how he did half the things he did. Manual gear box, One hand on the wheel!!

unreal.

All those videos were excellent. Those Top Gear guys really know how to put on a show.

Here is my favorite:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNmqn3heGgE&feature=related

That video doesn't show the whole thing.... this 2nd part to the above video shows Lewis Hamilton driving Sennas car.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmBl_XT0BpU

Lewis Hamilton's expression was great.

I can't imagine what a beast that car must be to make Hamilton, having driven the amazing cars he's driven, giggle like a school girl.

I love the...

Pffft (while shaking head) I can't imagine what it would be like to drive this car at the limit.

The cool thing is having that video with Richard Hammond a few posts above... to show how ridiculously difficult it is to drive ANY F1 car.... then seeing the Senna vids where the F1 drivers are in disbelief. That's just a whole different level of talent.

as the guys from WERA would say, todays crop of MotoGP riders are Aliens, as were the F1 drivers from the late 80's early 90's.

Gods among men

Back
Top Bottom