To FZ6 Owners | GTAMotorcycle.com

To FZ6 Owners

Great bike, tons of after market part's available. Plenty of OEM parts readily available. Maintenance is a breeze on most jobs (no fairing's to remove). Check out these guys www.fz6-forum.com

when i called for insurance the price was right

Great bike. My personal preference is FZ6 2007 or later. Models before 2007 had both digital speedo and tach.
And while I can stand some digital tachs (may be on 848) - the one on FZ6 is horrible.
So when I was looking for mine I was specifically looking for 2007 or later as they did tach with dial and digital speedo.

I have an 06 and really like it. The bike has lots of power, handles well and as a sport tourer the insurance is much cheaper than an SS. If you want to do touring then be prepared to get a custom seat. Mine was from Top Saddlery and it made a huge difference over stock.

2007 and up have better brakes, also the earlier models have batch fire fuel injection, which bugs me on principle.

Any thoughts on the FZ8? I know 100% that that will be my next bike. Took it out for a Demo, fell in love.

I demoed the FZ6 too but for some reason it felt lacking to me. And there was a constant buzz, probably from the intake, that drove me insane. I couldn't wait to get off it. Try it out for yourself though, this was just my take.

Any thoughts on the FZ8? I know 100% that that will be my next bike. Took it out for a Demo, fell in love.

I demoed the FZ6 too but for some reason it felt lacking to me. And there was a constant buzz, probably from the intake, that drove me insane. I couldn't wait to get off it. Try it out for yourself though, this was just my take.

An FZ8 is definitely a possibility too.

I have a 2005 FZ6, it's an awesome bike! PM me and I'll send you a video or two.

My '06 has been pretty solid, only real issue with the FZ6 are the steering bearings. The years to get are the '07 and up; better swingarm, four piston front calipers, 02 sensor for the FI, better dash with an analog tach. If the price is right, there's not much wrong with an 04-06

Got a 2007 FZ6, have to say it is loads of fun in little package :)

Front suspension is kinda inferior. I fixed mine by replacing the fork springs with stiffer Racetech springs and thick fork oil, it's like a new bike!

Also, the FZ6 doesn't sound very good stock, but it's very popular choice to replace the exhaust. Of course, that set me back $800, I went with Leo Vince and wouldn't look back! :)

Back
Top Bottom