TMP Thanksgiving weekend (Sat Oct 12th, Sun, Mon). Last track days of the year!!! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

TMP Thanksgiving weekend (Sat Oct 12th, Sun, Mon). Last track days of the year!!!

Great first day out! New bike, new to track.
Loads of track time, learned a lot....now to remember it all for spring.

my internet is 3mbs download and 0.25mbs upload. need to give someone else the footage to upload. too much work for just 7 minutes.

check the vimeo link now

No, no, 1k street, 600 track
Awww :( lol. I see you updated your sig :D

my internet is 3mbs download and 0.25mbs upload. need to give someone else the footage to upload. too much work for just 7 minutes.

check the vimeo link now
Works :) WTF kinda internet is that? Where do you live!!?

I was surprised how well it could keep up with the 600SS down the straights.

It's a very potent bike, they have an R6 (pre-2000) engine re-tuned for more mid-range. I used to have an FZ6 too, and literally loved it.

SECOND TRACK DAY EVER, IM ON THE 1K.
the brakes where going soft on the 1000.

I didnt want to bring it but my 750 dropped a valve. we could always go out and see if your any faster?

changed it 2 days before but I used dot 3, thought it would be fine. Didnt think I would be pushing hard enogh to boil it.
suspention isnt set up at all, running on old scrub, bent rear rim.

For the most part I was just as fast as anyone else in the corners, but would make a mistake to slow me down, speed of the bike on the straights helped make it back up. the bike is crazy, would try to wheelie in 1,2,3 on the straight and pull tank slappers everytime it it went over a bump.

This is my street bike so I couldnt push past %80 so I would still have a daily after monday.

my posture was all wrong and a little bit too much throttle would send that bike sideways, I think I did pretty good.

Last edited:
DSC06334.jpg

attachment.php

i refuse to blame my bike for being slow... er.. started scraping pegs as the day went on. last session i slowed down a bit and my knees dragged.

i got some dot 4 in my garage some guy left behind when i bled his brakes for him.

Last edited:
SECOND TRACK DAY EVER, IM ON THE 1K.
the brakes where going soft on the 1000.

I didnt want to bring it but my 750 dropped a valve. we could always go out and see if your any faster?

Nice endo in the video, i guess this was before the brakes went soft :)

pull tank slappers everytime it it went over a bump.
Mine did that in stock form too. Added this and it stopped completely: https://www.motomummy.com/hyperpro/hyperpro-04-08-r1-oem-location-rsc-active-damper/

Now I can even set wheelies down with the front tire turned full lock, not even a shake :D

And all my parts that I was supposed to get for this track day just showed up, wrong brake pads and one of the new rotor carriers spokes is slightly damaged, let me know what ya think: http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...est-Purchase&p=2092552&viewfull=1#post2092552

Thanks.

the bike is crazy, would try to wheelie in 1,2,3 on the straight and pull tank slappers everytime it it went over a bump.

I don't remember, but did you have an 03 gsxr 1000 (like mine)? If yes, then take your OEM steering damper out and flush it with 15w fork oil. The difference is so big that you'll never see a tank slapper when landing a wheelie whatever the speed. I'm so satisfied that I even included this as part of my yearly maintenance on the bike.

It's a very potent bike, they have an R6 (pre-2000) engine re-tuned for more mid-range. I used to have an FZ6 too, and literally loved it.
Yes I know it has an old R6 engine. I've ridden one before and they just don't seem nearly as fast as a proper 600. The stock suspension is garbage though lol

Nice endo in the video, i guess this was before the brakes went soft :)
I'm pretty happy his brakes worked just then

Yes I know it has an old R6 engine. I've ridden one before and they just don't seem nearly as fast as a proper 600. The stock suspension is garbage though lol

There are two essential "must do" things on an FZ6. Change gearing (at least -1 on the front), which wakes up the bike a lot and IMO if not as good, at least comparable to a proper 600. The other thing--replace the springs in the forks with stiffer ones that are not progressive and matched to your weight, and thicker fork oil (stock is 5w, so at least 15w). It really helps that the forks are not inverted, so the fork work is easily done without any special tools whatsoever.

There are two essential "must do" things on an FZ6. Change gearing (at least -1 on the front), which wakes up the bike a lot and IMO if not as good, at least comparable to a proper 600. The other thing--replace the springs in the forks with stiffer ones that are not progressive and matched to your weight, and thicker fork oil (stock is 5w, so at least 15w). It really helps that the forks are not inverted, so the fork work is easily done without any special tools whatsoever.

only has +2 rear sprocket. left fork sprung a leak twice and i just clear the debris and reseat it. may have lost some oil. front is like a pogo stick. easy to bounce into a wheelie coming out or corners. wish it revved higher. i just bounce off the rev limiter all day long every day trying to squeeze every bit out of it..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom