Titanium welder | GTAMotorcycle.com

Titanium welder

Good luck. I too would like one.

I think I heard about a shop a few yrs ago in GTA that did. I think they were called NoyzBoyz if I remember correctly?

I know a guy...did a spliced midpipe for me on the spot in 5 mins for like $50 cash in hand at 5pm on a weekday....gotta dig up my "rolladex". Let me get back to youz guyz.

Oh clean pretty weld too I must say!

PS it took me foooooooooorever to find a titanium welder. I had to cold call over 10 shops, visit 3, and get referrals 3 levels deep to find them!

Found it...lost the contact so had to retrace my route (from memory - 2 years ago) on Google Maps:

Filor Industries Inc
126 Edilcan Dr
Thornhill, ON L4K 3S5
(905) 738-0696

Last edited:
Dysant welding in Mississauga, talk to Tomas he can TIG weld anything. Tell him Johnny sent you

Any good TIG welder should be able to weld titanium. Thats what you are searching for. Don't bother calling MIG welders.

Any good TIG welder should be able to weld titanium. Thats what you are searching for. Don't bother calling MIG welders.

Well any good TIG welder can weld Titanium, it's a lot like welding steel. The problem is usually you need a type of purging chamber and depending on the size of the part to be welded some guys may or may not be equiped to do so.

Well any good TIG welder can weld Titanium, it's a lot like welding steel. The problem is usually you need a type of purging chamber and depending on the size of the part to be welded some guys may or may not be equiped to do so.

A purging chamber!? Are we talking about welding a motorcycle exhaust or one for a space shuttle?
My guy welds every kind of metal and doesnt use a chamber. For titanium the only special thing he needs is the proper titanium filler rods....That is something your average welding shop will not have if they do not weld titanium often...As they are way more expensive then aluminum, steel or even stainless steel filler rods...

He has welded Akrapovic Titanium headers for me in the past...

A purging chamber!? Are we talking about welding a motorcycle exhaust or one for a space shuttle?
My guy welds every kind of metal and doesnt use a chamber. For titanium the only special thing he needs is the proper titanium filler rods....That is something your average welding shop will not have if they do not weld titanium often...As they are way more expensive then aluminum, steel or even stainless steel filler rods...

I bet if he is welding your titanium exhaust he will back purge it at a minimum. I don't know about your guy, and I have heard of people just welding titanium withiout some kind of argon purged containment, but many welders I have dealt will usually like to do things nice nice. Not to say anything about your guy. I have heard of some fillers rods having some kind of a flux in/on them
to weld without a back purge on tig, not sure if there is a similar titanium rod.

Anyways long story short some welders won't weld it if they don't have a proper chamber for it, this I know from having asked a few shops about it.

I bet if he is welding your titanium exhaust he will back purge it at a minimum. I don't know about your guy, and I have heard of people just welding titanium withiout some kind of argon purged containment, but many welders I have dealt will usually like to do things nice nice. Not to say anything about your guy. I have heard of some fillers rods having some kind of a flux in/on them
to weld without a back purge on tig, not sure if there is a similar titanium rod.

Anyways long story short some welders won't weld it if they don't have a proper chamber for it, this I know from having asked a few shops about it.

There is no need for flux cored filler rods, or chambers. All you need is the part to be clean, proper filler titanium rods, and proper shielding gas...And of coarse experience welding the material your working with...

I can see this being required for production of high end parts, but to fix or modify a motorcycle it in not required at all...As I have had many titanium parts welded without the use of one....

Im pretty sure Tomas knows what hes doing, he has 20+ years experience TIG welding...And I always see parts for the nuclear plant being welded at his shop...As well at many other high end parts for CN rail etc, and other large companies that have welding in house but still send stuff to him because hes better then their own welders...

If a shop told you they need a chamber, then they simply dont, or do not want to weld titanium

Simply type in "titanium welding" on youtube and you will find tons of videos of professional welders welding Ti without chambers, just argon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWQYV5tgkKI

Last edited:

Titanium welding has to be done in an argon gas chamber, not open air.

Edit....but Johny P seems to know his 'ish, so I'll defer to him on this one.

Last edited:
there is no need for flux cored filler rods, or chambers. All you need is the part to be clean, proper filler titanium rods, and proper shielding gas...and of coarse experience welding the material your working with...

I can see this being required for production of high end parts, but to fix or modify a motorcycle it in not required at all...as i have had many titanium parts welded without the use of one....

Im pretty sure tomas knows what hes doing, he has 20+ years experience tig welding...and i always see parts for the nuclear plant being welded at his shop...as well at many other high end parts for cn rail etc, and other large companies that have welding in house but still send stuff to him because hes better then their own welders...

If a shop told you they need a chamber, then they simply dont, or do not want to weld titanium

simply type in "titanium welding" on youtube and you will find tons of videos of professional welders welding ti without chambers, just argon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwqyv5tgkki

this^^^

Back
Top Bottom