Tired of tire questions? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tired of tire questions?

Worst part is I love the bike but the chain needs replacing also and if I'll replace the chain I may as well change the sprockets. Ahhhhh FML

If some thing NEEDS to be replaced, replace it. If you're not sure, a good and trustworthy mechanic can advise.

I was once in a store looking at helmets, another customer thought I worked there and asked for some help. Being who I am, I stated I was not an employee but I was happy to assist if I could. They stated they wanted to buy a helmet for their daughter so she could ride with them. I said I recommend a full face helmet as it would offer the best protection. Never stated a brand or price range, they thought about this as they thanked me. then grabbed a 50 dollar half helmet with flowers on it. As I walked out I saw them getting onto a very expense cruiser.. While I try not to judge, when someone is on the back of your motorcyle their life is in you hands.. Tires & helmets have a lot in common. They don't get better with age..

Buy the bike certified with the old tires. (negotiate lower price)
You'll be learning how to ride it for a few months.
Ride it like you stole it and then change the tires when needed.

Put my 2015 DL650A up for sale. Factory original tires with 14 K on them. I do $6000 cert with new tires or $5500 as is you buy tires. Everybody asks if they will pass safety. Yes they will but I will not pay for the safety with those tires on it. My local shop will not safety with old tires. I find let them decide but if new riders I strongly encourage new tire. .

I just saw a post by someone in a Facebook marketplace trying to sell 10 year old tires. The comments were not forgiving. Some people will just try things even when they know it is wrong or not quite right.

Sent from the Moon!

Back
Top Bottom