Tire recommendations (Supersport) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tire recommendations (Supersport)

Ghostrider619

Currently running Dunlop Q3 - Excellent grip but it becomes toast after 4-5K km.

Any recommendations for a tire that has longer life (10-12K km life) yet still a bit on the sporty side ? PR4 got excellent life since it’s sport touring tire but I personally find it scary leaning with them.

You want a tire that never wears out or one that handles well :/ pick one.

People will scream that I'm a heretic by mismatching tires.. but...

Dunlop Q3 front and road smart 3 rear combo works well, and about 8000km before they're done.

Currently have Pirelli Rosso 3 front and angel st on the rear. Again, looks like 8000km will be the end of life number.

Both combos grip well, including many rips up the tail of the dragon. They do feel quite a bit different from each other on stability and initial turn in though .

Currently running Dunlop Q3 - Excellent grip but it becomes toast after 4-5K km.

Any recommendations for a tire that has longer life (10-12K km life) yet still a bit on the sporty side ? PR4 got excellent life since it’s sport touring tire but I personally find it scary leaning with them.
Anything comparable to the Q3 family will likely not get you anywhere near 10-12k if you're only getting 5k now.

Look for something with a multi compound with a harder compound down the middle. I've run a few comparable single and multi compound pirelli and bridgestones. For the money you're probably best going with the S21 or the newer S22 that replaced it. You'll probably get more like 7k with similar conditions. I dont have much experience with Michelin but I'm sure they have something comparable just maybe more pricey but typically a better tire in the wet and longer lasting at the expense of outright dry performance in that range.

I'm a Michelin pilot man through and through, but I wanted a more touring tires for my cross Canada trip. So mounted these suckers on the ol HP4 and off I went. Whole trip was about 10K and had some really spirited runs in the rockies and they held up very nice and I was surprised. I wouldn't mount them on if you're considering even a single day of track in the red pace but for anything else, they did the job very well. And this is from a guy who hates battlax but had to mount em as they're one of the few "touring" tires that comes in 190/55ZR17.

About to install Michelin Road 5's. The CT2's are ready to go at over 13000 km.

Which one is a radial? Pick that one.

If your concerned about mileage I would just run a sport touring tire. I highly doubt you can ride hard enough on the street to surpass the limits of a modern sport touring tire.

Give me a good rain tire and I'm happy because rain is the biggest challenge to ride on street,
how long it lasts I don't really care, street tires usually dry out before they wear out on me anyway.

Back
Top Bottom