Tire Installs - Niagara/Hamilton | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tire Installs - Niagara/Hamilton

SFer

I know there is a couple of us down here in Niagara. Looking to order from Pete's(damn good pricing) but need a place that installs here in Niagara. Or if I have to ill drive to Hamilton.
Oh and pricing if you know
Thanks

I've had tires changed at NRC in Niagara on the lake, and St. Catharines Motorcycle Center (www.scmc.ca) no complaints about either.
This time of year, shops are pretty busy though so expect delays.

SCMC is a great option. He changed a tire for me last year quick and a fair price

I've had tires changed at NRC in Niagara on the lake, and St. Catharines Motorcycle Center (www.scmc.ca) no complaints about either.
This time of year, shops are pretty busy though so expect delays.

Never heard of scmc. Thanks for the link. Ill give them a call tomorrow.

V-Twin Cycle in Niagara Falls off Drummond across from Zehrs in the industrial strip mall. Tim the owner, independent licensed MC mechanic on all makes and types. 905 356 2008

I was personally not impressed with scmc but if others are vouching for him then it could of just been a one-off.
Don't forget Clare's either just outside of Fonthill.

No matter what shop you go to, it will be cheaper if you take your wheels off yourself and bring them in. It saves them a lot of labor time which means it saves you money.

I forget how much but for my gf's bike, I took her wheels off and she dropped them off at Clares around noon, picked them up later that day and it was under 100$, installed and balanced. They even kept the old worn tires too since we didn't need them back.

No matter what shop you go to, it will be cheaper if you take your wheels off yourself and bring them in. It saves them a lot of labor time which means it saves you money.

I forget how much but for my gf's bike, I took her wheels off and she dropped them off at Clares around noon, picked them up later that day and it was under 100$, installed and balanced. They even kept the old worn tires too since we didn't need them back.

I think it may depend on what you are looking for the shop to do? SCMC is a little shop and probably has some limitations.
When I took him my wheel, same as you, off the bike, only needed to pull the tire, put new tire on, it was $30.00, this works out to 60% of Clares price. no issues, but a pretty simply job.

It was also a convenient location for me at the time. If you are never in St Catharines downtown, maybe the cost isn't as attractive?

I think it may depend on what you are looking for the shop to do? SCMC is a little shop and probably has some limitations.
When I took him my wheel, same as you, off the bike, only needed to pull the tire, put new tire on, it was $30.00, this works out to 60% of Clares price. no issues, but a pretty simply job.

It was also a convenient location for me at the time. If you are never in St Catharines downtown, maybe the cost isn't as attractive?

At the time I lived off Geneva St. It was a 4 minute drive from my house.

Long story short, it was early March (2011), not much business flowing and he tried to take me for a ride because I was a new rider. Having more wrenching experience than he thought, I didn't appreciate it so I bought tire spoons and did it myself at a fraction of his price. Been doing my own tires ever since. The only reason I didn't do my gf's tires in March of 2012 is because I broke my arm in Sept 2011 and I couldn't use it for laborous work still.

Jeero, story is too bad.

customers are hard to earn and easy to lose.

I'm going to bring this back up to top and edit my initial question.

Is there anyone in Niagara that can install and balance a tire on rim from a SINGLE SIDED SWING ARM?

Is there anyone in Niagara that can install and balance a tire on rim from a SINGLE SIDED SWING ARM?

comment isn't based on fact, i don't know what the different need is for a regular rim vs single sided, but I suspect Clares or Dewildt Honda should be able to do this? They both sell Hondas therefore shoudl be able to service VFR's no? As these bikes have single side swingarms, these may be your option?

Jeero notes a good experience at Clares, You would have to check for pricing

Last edited:
Aren't rims for Single-Sided Swingarms almost exactly like car rims? If that's the case, almost any tire shop in the world should be able to change that tire. If you're in the St Kits area, Queenston Tire on Ontario street is where I go for all my car/truck tire needs. They won't take the wheel off your bike though, you would have to take it off yourself and bring it with your car. A simple tire swap is 15$ on average.

From what I understand, typical motorcycle rims are shaped in a way that basic tire changing machines can't hold on to the wheel properly to spoon off the rubber.

My bike has a single sided swing arm.

In the past, I've used DualSportPlus.com in Stoney Creek to install my tires.

Never had a problem.

V twin in the plaza behind me does mine .... bring your bike to the shop one day we can pull the rims off and drive over there.
you can use my scrubs for the may 2 if you want

DONT GO TO CLARES . they used a chain slung around my tripple tree to suspend my bike for a warranty job .
they dont even have a damn front stand.
also nothing but good to say about NRC there top notch over there.

I just want to say a Big thanks for everyone who contributed.

Hopefully this thread helps others down in the area as well.

V twin in the plaza behind me does mine .... bring your bike to the shop one day we can pull the rims off and drive over there.
you can use my scrubs for the may 2 if you want

DONT GO TO CLARES . they used a chain slung around my tripple tree to suspend my bike for a warranty job .
they dont even have a damn front stand.
also nothing but good to say about NRC there top notch over there.

Thanks for the offer TJ. Ill be in touch.

And Sonny Y thanks for the link.

I heard it's not really needed to balance the rear (I assume that's the problem), so your Duc should be fine. That said, I like to balance mine.

I heard it's not really needed to balance the rear (I assume that's the problem), so your Duc should be fine. That said, I like to balance mine.

I have heard that too. But... I'd just feel better.

I could always get them installed see how it feels i its bad then ride or truck it up to Oakville for a Balancing I guess.

Back
Top Bottom