Tire install cost - London area | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tire install cost - London area

Onagoth

How much are you paying these days to install a new tire?

I’m considering buying some tools and doing it myself. I know in the past I’ve had troubles finding a shop that will install tires that you bring in.

Looking to just bring in the wheel and rubber to a shop, but not if I’m going to get hosed

This is a sport touring bike if that matters

I've gone the DIY route. Tools are paid off after a few tire changes, but it is a pain in the butt. Especially the first couple

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

I pay $20 to $25 each in the TO area for my ST carry in wheels with tires purchased elsewhere. They change the tire and balance the wheel as well.

You can buy the equipment for $150 - $200 to do this yourself and the payback is probably 4 changes, but like everything do you have the time, space and inclination to do it yourself vs. contracting part of it out? You're already saving $50+ bucks anyway as you carry in the wheels vs. having the dealing pull them.

Ask the shop if they price match on the tire you want.

They’d get a bit of profit from both the sale and the install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HI guys,

I should have clarified. I only have this tire because the seller included it with the bike. So, it's kind of a one off.

When I need a new tire next time, I'll probably opt just to buy a sale tire at a shop and have them install it.

Back
Top Bottom