Tire change | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tire change

Id change it, though that looks like a staple or something stuck in, maybe try pulling it out with a plier first and have a tire plug ready. Looking at the side treads, unless you skid a lot, odd for just a patch to wear

Hard to tell from the picture. Kind of looks like the cord is starting to show through. If so, it really is time

Sent from my Redmi 7A using Tapatalk

That looks like something embedded in the tire. If it goes all/most of the way through, seems like it would be patchable... I can't see any wear bars in the picture so it's kinda hard for me to judge how much life is left in them otherwise

I’ve also noticed in other areas along the tire that it has the same thing specially along the centre of the tire **** might need to make a change any of you guys able to recommend a a good place in the gta that changes tires ?

What tire is that, are they the stock ones that came with the bike?

If it's in other areas, change them. If you buy your own tires, Rosey Toes is one of the few that will squeeze you in without an appointment, if you take the wheels off and bring them in, he can do it on the spot. Otherwise, Adrian at AceMoto tech is awesome, buy tires and install will be reduced, just takes a long time from iirc to even get a spot

If it's in other areas, change them. If you buy your own tires, Rosey Toes is one of the few that will squeeze you in without an appointment, if you take the wheels off and bring them in, he can do it on the spot. Otherwise, Adrian at AceMoto tech is awesome, buy tires and install will be reduced, just takes a long time from iirc to even get a spot
Pirelli Rosso Corsa Tire

And yes stock tire from 2014

That is one old tire. I would first put water on the hole to see if their is an air leak and if not, pull out the piece and see if starts to leak after. Even though you still have decent tread, the tire is dry and hard with limited traction to what it had when it was new.

That is one old tire. I would first put water on the hole to see if their is an air leak and if not, pull out the piece and see if starts to leak after. Even though you still have decent tread, the tire is dry and hard with limited traction to what it had when it was new.
I’ll give that a shot

I'm really intrigued, you mention the tires are Pirelli Rosso Corsa's and they've been on the bike since 2013. Is that right? That means you're riding around on tires that are 7 or 8-years old. But here's the thing, they could be even older than that! Take a look on the sidewall for a 4-digit number indicating the week and year of manufacture. For example "4012" would indicate a tire that was born on the 40th week of 2012.

The photos show what appears to be amble tread depth remaining (e.g. more than 1-2mm), so I'm willing to bet either the bike has sat for an extended period of time and/or you don't ride much more than 1,000 kms each season, if that. Am I correct?

Last edited:
I'm really intrigued, you mention the tires are Pirelli Rosso Corsa's and they've been on the bike since 2013. Is that right? That means you're riding around on tires that are 7 or 8-years old. They could be even older than that: take a look on the sidewall for a 4-digit number indicating the week and year of manufacture. For example "4012" would indicate a tire that was born on the 40th week of 2012.

This.

@OP, change the tires. Put some good rubber on the front/rear, your bike will transform and give lots more confidence. Also those stock Pirellis, probably aren't as good as a set of separately bought pirellis, odd, though is what it is...

Last edited:
I'm really intrigued, you mention the tires are Pirelli Rosso Corsa's and they've been on the bike since 2013. Is that right? That means you're riding around on tires that are 7 or 8-years old. But here's the thing, they could be even older than that! Take a look on the sidewall for a 4-digit number indicating the week and year of manufacture. For example "4012" would indicate a tire that was born on the 40th week of 2012.

The photos show what appears to be amble tread depth remaining (e.g. more than 1-2mm), so I'm willing to bet either the bike has sat for an extended period of time and/or you don't ride much more than 1,000 kms each season, if that. Am I correct?

Hey yes so I checked and they were made in 2013 bike is 2014

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

This.

@OP, change the tires. Put some good rubber on the front/rear, your bike will transform and give lots more confidence. Also those stock Pirellis, probably aren't as good as a set of separately bought pirellis, odd, though is what it is...

Yup I need some new rubber looks like the interior mesh wire wall is starting to show I’m looking for a good mechanic shop now

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

If you put some flat-proof balancer goop stuff in the tire, and then pull the staples out,
anything that went right through will get wet :| might even stop leaking after a little bit,
you will need to monitor your tire pressure very carefully.
or replace the tires
:/ fighting with spell check here

If you put some flat-proof balancer goop stuff in the tire, and then pull the staples out,
anything that went right through will get wet :| might even stop leaking after a little bit,
you will need to monitor your tire pressure very carefully.
or replace the tires
:/ fighting with spell check here
Idk I don’t think it’s a stapler tho like I’ve spun the tire and seen another spot that looks like that but smaller I’m just wondering now if I can cover it with rubber aid or something

I've ridden tires down to the cords and gotten away with it. It's a really bad idea and shoe goo isn't going to turn it into a good idea.
Once you're down to the cord, count yourself lucky that you haven't killed yourself and park the bike until the tire is replaced.
I know I sound like a dad here but there's already enough dangers out there without riding on a dead tire

Sent from my Redmi 7A using Tapatalk

Idk I don’t think it’s a stapler tho like I’ve spun the tire and seen another spot that looks like that but smaller I’m just wondering now if I can cover it with rubber aid or something
Are you serious?

Back
Top Bottom