Time to change my front tire | GTAMotorcycle.com

Time to change my front tire

Splash

Before I put my order in at Pete's, what tire should I get? I'm looking for a sport touring tire.

I have the Z6 in the front right now and the PR2 in the back. I never had a problem with the Z6 but some reviews say the PR2 are better. Price wise they are more or less equal (at around $112 for the Z6 and $129 for the PR2)

Should I be looking at other tires like the Z8 or PR3 or anything else?

Thanks

Take a look at the Dunlop Roadsmart 2, love mine.

I like the PR3 i have on currently, either going to replace it with another PR3 or the new PR4.

I'm a huge fan of Pirelli angels. They are an excellent st tire imo. They have more cornering ability than I have nerve and I got excellent mileage. Will be ordering a new set soon.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I'm a huge fan of Pirelli angels. They are an excellent st tire imo. They have more cornering ability than I have nerve and I got excellent mileage. Will be ordering a new set soon.

Plus they are cheap for a Pirelli

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Try the PR4. I had a tire poll on a VFR forum and Michelins took about 80% of the votes.
PR3 is supposedly better in rain than PR2 but doesn't last as long. PR4 resolves that.

http://vfrworld.com/forums/showthread.php/43176-Sport-Touring-Tire-Showdown-Poll?highlight=

I like my PR3s for another reason too...the tread pattern doesn't track tar snakes and metal roadways too badly when I come across them...added bonus. They also did surprisingly well on gravel and some reasonably rough tracks. The PR4s look like they have the same tread pattern, is that right?

Regarding PR3 vs PR4:

[video=youtube;gGD6HLdNcW4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGD6HLdNcW4[/video]

May be better with PR3 rear for aggressive riders then. Softer compound.
Anyhow, I'm a big Michelin fan. They spend more on R&D then any other company.

They already last so long (26k and still strong) that I don't know why I would personally ever want more longevity.. so PR3s over PR4 for me, but I may go even softer for the next set.

Thanks for the suggestions... I guess I'll be looking into the PR4's.

This seems weird at Pete's...

Retail Price: 147.95
Web Price: 150.95

+1 on this

My rear still has tread left after almost 20,000km and it's got enough grip that I shaved the little arrow pointers on the side :cool:

I got a set.

Actually, mine are over 26k - I forgot to account for the prev. owner's milage on them.

And this is what it looked like a thousand km ago:

2013+-+1
Retail probably 247. Made a boo boo.

Let us know how the PR4 works out for you.

I got PR3 front myself but have to change the rear soon. Low end Dunlop.

Do you have a PR3 rear as well Ugur? The set lasting you 26K or just the front?

Retail probably 247. Made a boo boo.

Let us know how the PR4 works out for you.

I got PR3 front myself but have to change the rear soon. Low end Dunlop.

Do you have a PR3 rear as well Ugur? The set lasting you 26K or just the front?

$247 for a front tire? I think not.

Back
Top Bottom