Tidying up Wiring help | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tidying up Wiring help

That looks like the braided sleeve I posted earlier from PA, which is my plan right now.

Ah I see what you are saying, so this will match better to the chrome because of the colouring....hmmm :unsure:
This is metal not plastic. I think its steel or tin, its not aluminum. It will not stay shiny forever.

I like the corrugated plastic sheath that's split down one side. Same as used on car wiring looms.
It's easy to slip over and then a few wraps of tape keep it in place.

Allright... bought the braided sleeve from PA. What a pain in the butt. As soon as you cut it it starts fraying at the end and splits apart. So either way I had to tape it.

Over all this was a pain project. The kit didn't include wires for the grounds to the lights, just 1 wire to each light. Just dumb. The extra wiring harness I bought was mesasure by someone with a crooked eye the split to each light was waaaaay off. The chrome brackets have started to peal. The brackets themselves don't clamp as well as they should. And the zip ties supplied don't even fit around the crash bars. 🤷‍♂️

Anyhow it is all done.

Left01 left side.jpg

Right
02 right side.jpg

Done
03 done.jpg

Bam!
bazinga.jpg

Electrically I tied everything into an accessory plug under the seat. Originally the instructions included tying into the battery, but tapping into the accessory plug turns on the lights with the rest of the system. Much better. I may not have needed the relay or the fuse with the wiring kit but left them in anyway.

The crash covers are a bit creased at the lights not so bad. Just have to see how these lights work and may have to do some positional adjustments. (y)

Allright... bought the braided sleeve from PA. What a pain in the butt. As soon as you cut it it starts fraying at the end and splits apart. So either way I had to tape it.

Over all this was a pain project. The kit didn't include wires for the grounds to the lights, just 1 wire to each light. Just dumb. The extra wiring harness I bought was mesasure by someone with a crooked eye the split to each light was waaaaay off. The chrome brackets have started to peal. The brackets themselves don't clamp as well as they should. And the zip ties supplied don't even fit around the crash bars. 🤷‍♂️

Anyhow it is all done.

LeftView attachment 51398

Right
View attachment 51399

Done
View attachment 51400

Bam!
View attachment 51401

Electrically I tied everything into an accessory plug under the seat. Originally the instructions included tying into the battery, but tapping into the accessory plug turns on the lights with the rest of the system. Much better. I may not have needed the relay or the fuse with the wiring kit but left them in anyway.

The crash covers are a bit creased at the lights not so bad. Just have to see how these lights work and may have to do some positional adjustments. (y)
Finishing the ends of polybraid is easy. Turn 1" of the cut end in on itself after pulling your wires thru. Pinch the braid flat then tickle the folded edge with a lighter and you'll have a neat finish. You can also tape or heat shrink the ends.

Back
Top Bottom