Thoughts on this bike? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Thoughts on this bike?

I am looking for price feedback. Considering under 30,000 it seems alright. Also aren't these bikes known to last a long time?

Past owner speaking here. The F4i is one of the best bikes ever made so let's get that out of the way.

Price wise it's solid considering these bikes hold their value extremely well. Assuming it has been taken care of mechanically 27,000km's is a trip to the grocery store for the F engine.

Show up with 3g and a tray of coffee from Tim's and take the bike home.

Last edited:
Terrific motor - go forever. Not sure you can figure out a test ride but bit prone to some front rotor shimmy ( I checked onlline as my older ST1100 did the same thing...it's annoying ...not particularly dangerous )and at that age could hot spot as well. I'd certainly want it saftied at that price.

We assume you've checked your insurance cost?

The F4i is a fantastic bike.

I am looking for price feedback. Considering under 30,000 it seems alright. Also aren't these bikes known to last a long time?

Good value for 600. Last long time. Long time last. No other thoughts implied or expressed.

Thanks everyone for your responses. Going to try to check it out.
Call for an insurance quote first.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Just a few thoughts.
A bike that old with that few kilometers has probably been doing a lot of sitting.
You should change the oil ASAP (regardless of what the seller says).
You will probably need new tires as well. Tires have time limits in addition to mileage limits.
An insurance quote as suggested by JoeBass is always a good idea BEFORE buying.

OP has been on here since 2013...what other bike have you had?
he probably has a idea what insurance will run him, unless he hasnt seen the 2016 SF renewals.....

Back
Top Bottom