Thought I would show off a little I suppose | GTAMotorcycle.com

Thought I would show off a little I suppose

cutsheal5

Well due to the fact that I cannot ride I continue to tinker with my bikes to keep me busy till i am able to, Hopefully next summer fingers crossed. So i thought i would show everyone my bike, all I am waiting for now is a chain and I MIGHT make it to cayuga on sunday provided i have time to get all my stuff in order.

this is what the bike looked like when i got it.
phonepiccies301.jpg

this is it now
929stage2003.jpg

I also spun a main bearing, so i ended up rebuilding the entire engine i have pictures of all of that but its to much to post, while i was in there i replaced most of the transmission gears,shift forks,shift drum gaskets, seals, checked all the clearences and re assembled never ran better, mods to the bike are as follows- Full hindle exhaust,powercommander,K&N filter,520 conversion down one up three, HIDs, hotbodys flush mounts, 10'' extenders, adjustable lowering link, steel braided lines, 2mm bigger throttlebodys, and i have full zex kit to go on.

Thats all for now constructive criticism is welcome thanks for looking.

Good work not gonna pretend like i know how you did everything you did on your bike but no doubt that took a lot of effort and time.

Working with your two hands is becoming a lost art so props to ya. It cracks me up when people go to snow city to tighten up their chains, change brakes and fluids jus because they were afraid to get dirty or too lazy to do it for themselves.

That's a lot of good work. Not my gig in terms of suspension/swing arm choice, but the bike is looking very nice and clean.

Thanks i know alot of people are not to fond of the extended swing arm look.. I personaly love it and I can always change it back if I ever want to easy enough, I also enjoy drag racing so its perfect for my riding syle.

Gotta tip my hat to you - very nice!
I've always wanted to take a small engine repair course (obviously what you did hear encompased a lot more than just engine repar), so i could tinker with motors and such.

from where it started to what you have there - awesome!

Thanks everyone, I have been working on well anything really since i was a little kid my Grandfather was a mechanic, My father is a mechanic and well I'm a mechanic too. I could not take anything to shop if I wanted too It just doesn't feel right to me. I am going to learn how to rebuild forks over the winter I think they are probably in need of a good refreshing as the bike has 76,000kms on it. Over the winter I took every part off the bike and cleaned it to look as new as possible I even have a parts cleaner in the garage now haha.

Great job on the bike. Have you had the opportunity to take it to the drag strip yet? Just curious on the numbers, she looks quick.

I have had it there once but my times SUCKKED, I could not keep the front wheel on the ground for the life of me I had to keep letting off, I was aslo coming out of the hole like a whimp because I didnt want to be asked to leave I only got an 11.00 out of it I know it definetly capable of more time will tell the ZEX should really help....The bike was also not stretched nor lowered last time...

Sounds like some quick times. Definiteley sounds like you can easily break the tens. Nothing to fret over just keep doing a few more runs and you'll surprise yourself. Don't worry, noone's going to ask you to leave just let er rip!

Nice work but lowering a fast turning track weapon is the same thing to me as slamming a pick-up truck or turning a Corvette into a monster truck. But like I said, nice work.

Back
Top Bottom