Thinking about selling my 450 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Thinking about selling my 450

Trackday

Bought a new 300. Thinking about selling my 450 or turning into something else like a supermoto or even a snow bike. Only ridden in the woods so it has not had the "%@$#" driven out it. What do you think? Any ideas? Or if sell it? What do you think its worth?

Bought a new 300. Thinking about selling my 450 or turning into something else like a supermoto or even a snow bike. Only ridden in the woods so it has not had the "%@$#" driven out it. What do you think? Any ideas? Or if sell it? What do you think its worth?
What its worth will depend on make, model and year. A snow bike would be cool, or an sm if you have the time or place to use either.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

What its worth will depend on make, model and year. A snow bike would be cool, or an sm if you have the time or place to use either.

My guess is 2015 - KTM 450 XC-F (Old but still Fast) from his sig.

My guess is 2015 - KTM 450 XC-F (Old but still Fast) from his sig.
Doesn't show on tapatalk lol.

Supermoto would be cool if it's blue plated. I would skip the snowbike idea unless your game to drive to like Wawa or the Chic-choc mountains, not great for the low snow conditions we get around here and you can't use them on trails. Actually if your game for it there is a snocross track in Bracebridge and could ride practice days.

It is blue plated, I am thinking about turning it into a Supermoto. I agree on the Snowbike - nowhere really to use it as it's not allowed on the trails and being in the city too far to trailer it anywhere. At least if I turn it into a supermoto I may go back and do some track days. I spent 10 years on the track with my GSX-R 600. The next question is where is a good place to get supermoto wheels, brakes, etc.

It is blue plated, I am thinking about turning it into a Supermoto. I agree on the Snowbike - nowhere really to use it as it's not allowed on the trails and being in the city too far to trailer it anywhere. At least if I turn it into a supermoto I may go back and do some track days. I spent 10 years on the track with my GSX-R 600. The next question is where is a good place to get supermoto wheels, brakes, etc.
Try to find a SM that someone has blown up? Those parts get pricey if you need to buy them all new.

Yeah that would be a blast then. I had an EXC the generation before your bike set up as a supermoto.

Okay so there’s kind of two ways to go with a supermoto build. You can do the simple cost effective thing and get a set of Warp9 wheels with a caliper relocation bracket and larger rotor. You can buy it as a kit. Not the lightest or strongest set up out there but perfectly good for a street setup. The stock caliper provides more then enough power on the street.

Second way is piece together a set up and do more of a full on build. Dubya USA is a wheel builder that had a nice wheel set for around $1000 U.S. You will need to find a caliper bracket or replacement caliper and rotor. Lots of 4 and 6 piston calipers on the market from Brembo, motomaster and a few others. Things are starting to get pricey at this point. If I went this route I would also send the suspension out to be valved for supermoto use. Might also want to look into triple clamps. This is a pretty expensive option.

Used stuff like mentioned above is a good way to go. You can probably find a OEM KTM supermoto wheelset if you look around a bit. Older gen 450/525/530 stuff should fit. I don’t believe the wheels from the big bikes like 625/640/690 smc’s fit.

Long story short I’d pick up a warp9 set up and go do some wheelies and other supermoto nonsense.

This is awesome - thanks. This will get me started down the path and where to start looking. The only fear I am going to have is in the woods I am not bouncing off the rev limiter, on the road, it's going to live in the top range of the RPM. I can see trying to finding a SM version that's already blown its engine.

At least if I turn it into a supermoto I may go back and do some track days.

The next question is where is a good place to get supermoto wheels, brakes, etc.

You can ride city streets as well, as its blue plated,
not just track...I know I will

Kijiji has all sumo parts you need...

I got extra slicks for sale.
Tubeless - NOT Street legal
Front 120 70R/17
Rear 150 60R/17
$100
Pm me if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Unless you want a play bike for ripping around town I'd sell it. Not going to be much fun outside of the city and it should bring back a decent penny since it's blue-plated.
Can't give a value with no hours/condition stated but toss a new set of plastic on to sell if it needs it.

Seems like too good of an Enduro bike to not ride on dirt, on street it would be a fast way to lose my licence. Cop only has to spot you wheelie once and they would get all crazy on you, unless you think you can ride it on pavement and not wheelie :ROFLMAO:.

You are welcome to store it at my house until you decide (y)

I will keep it very clean and well lubricated for you too,

but it Will see wheelies and possibly jumps of stupid proportions.

Good points, with my new 300 I am not going to spend much time on it. Putting it on the street means their will be a direct relationship between the throttle my licence. Maybe I should sell it, but it is a great bike. Then again an offer has been made to store it. (for a price its all yours)

Good points, with my new 300 I am not going to spend much time on it. Putting it on the street means their will be a direct relationship between the throttle my licence. Maybe I should sell it, but it is a great bike. Then again an offer has been made to store it. (for a price its all yours)

Once you ride the 300 you'll decide to sell it and never look back. The 300 is just so much better and more fun in single track and really every off road situation.

Once you ride the 300 you'll decide to sell it and never look back. The 300 is just so much better and more fun in single track and really every off road situation.

In the short 10 hrs I have on the bike I have already found that out. Much drive out of the corners, although the 450 is really good in the single track as well. The characteristics are very different between the bike. Hill climbing is better with the 300 as its harder to stall. Maybe it is time to sell the 450. It only has 100 hours on it and only ridden in the woods. (top end and valves check - all still in spec).

Power explodes out of a 2-stroke but you have to ride the 4-stroke a little different, they reward a steady throttle hand, lots of revs and abuse the clutch more. They generally thrive in deep mud and on long hill climbs ymmv.

Back
Top Bottom