The truth about tire age | GTAMotorcycle.com

The truth about tire age

Good article. Thanks for posting.

And it's got nothing to do with you know what. Yaaaa.

This article says it was published today but I could swear I've read it before. There's a comment on the article that says the same thing

This article says it was published today but I could swear I've read it before. There's a comment on the article that says the same thing
I did see one of their recent Youtube videos on the same topic.

I enjoyed it as I just bought a rare 23in tire for my Honda dirt bike. It came from a dealership that closed up over 10yrs ago and the tire is dated four years prior to that. Whew....

Attachments

• biketire.jpeg
    biketire.jpeg
    19.5 KB · Views: 20
Not that I recommend it, but I'm still running an 11-year old front Pilot Power on my SXV that's still got decent tread. I told myself I'd just take it easy, but then forgot. It still handles surprisingly well with amazing feedback the few times I pushed it beyond the limit and lost traction.

I enjoyed it as I just bought a rare 23in tire for my Honda dirt bike. It came from a dealership that closed up over 10yrs ago and the tire is dated four years prior to that. Whew....
Going forward, it might be wise to contact someone like Buchanan's and get a 21" rim and spoke set. 23" tires will likely go the way of the dodo.

Don't really know but I think there's a difference between having a set of tires on your bike for 10 years vs. using a set of tires that have been unmounted and in storage for 10 years.

Fortnine stocks new Bridgestone TW9s 3.00x23" -- $113 and free shipping.

I wear the tires out on my bikes too fast for them to age. The tires on my cars are another story. Some people just change their tires for appearances and a bit of snob value, according to people I have talked to at tire shops.

Fortnine stocks new Bridgestone TW9s 3.00x23" -- $113 and free shipping.
Yes, thanks I did buy one a few weeks ago. Then the NOS one showed up.

It is slightly wider than the original tire and with a similar but slightly different tread pattern. It'll be a good spare for future use tho.

Back
Top Bottom