The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 288 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

Back from the Dragon...

The Tuono was built for those roads....all of them! So easy to ride fast and more than comfortable enough to ride all day long!
I’ll post up my video of the Tuono chasing the KTM when I get some time to put it on the you tubes.

Oh ya, if you insist on taking video through your windscreen, get a clear one! ffs....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hello,
I'm new to the forum.
I live in Cambridge, I usually do riding Saturday/Sunday mornings sometimes afternoons.
Company is welcome,
I know most twisties back roads from Cambridge to Burlington, Cambridge to Forts of the Credit and I commonly do runs to Paris and Ayr (senic road, river road, etc...)

Straight runs bore me, unless they lead to curves.
I'm a meduim to fast runner, (pending on your definition of fast) I do speed a little (20ish over), however my licensd is important to me. Mature rider. 200 kms is no.
A good run for me is 4-5 hours, distance travelled 130-170kms with multiple coffee/piss stops.

If you like to carve corners and this kinda run interest you, message me.

Vicious wheels

Last edited:
Looks like Conestoga College has shut down their M1 Exit to M2 Motorcycle school. Seems like all the colleges are dropping their motorcycle school. Humber, Conestoga, one in Sudbury...

So it seems as though Learning Curves will be the only viable option in KW Region....

Looks like Conestoga College has shut down their M1 Exit to M2 Motorcycle school. Seems like all the colleges are dropping their motorcycle school. Humber, Conestoga, one in Sudbury...

So it seems as though Learning Curves will be the only viable option in KW Region....

Ya, it seems there’s really only 2 players left in the Motorbike Safety Course game.
Maybe in a few years I’ll take up teaching again. It really was a lot of fun! We’re talking about selling the trailer so if that happens, it’ll free up my weekends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, Conestoga College is indeed closed.
Only option locally is Learning Curves.
If anyone is interested in an M2 course, I suggest you sign up now - courses start on April 11, then April 28.

I have the 1060S like the one in that F9 link. The bag is on a CB500x and it takes up the whole passenger seat area, it was kinda bigger then I thought it would have been based on F9 pictures. I can take pictures if you wanna see. I like the bag but I wish I bought the 1060R because I like the way it would be easier removing the bag with the clips over the hook type clips on the 1060s and Its big so Ive never had the need to expand it.
If you want a bag just for some small items( few tools/zip ties/ snack or water/ get the 1060R or if you don’t need anything that size look at the Kappa AH203- not the easier clips for easy removal but $25/$30 cheaper.
I only care about the attachment clips cause I have a 1 piece seat and the 1060S clips make removal of the seat a slight pain because of how I have the bag attached to my saddle bag frame when the wife wants a ride.
If I could do it again, I’d get the 1060R

Last minute
Planning a Saturday ride starting in the Cambridge, to brantfotd to burlington area.
If anyone still visits this site.
Bikes are socially distancing and helmets are the best ppes'

I will check the forum at 9 pm tonight for responses and touch base with meet up location

Rob

I think most people on the forum are trying to maintain the social distancing...
Heard that KW Sport Riders had a stupid large ride today (40+ people). Maybe check out their Facebook page if you're interested in that kind of stuff.

I think most people on the forum are trying to maintain the social distancing...
Heard that KW Sport Riders had a stupid large ride today (40+ people). Maybe check out their Facebook page if you're interested in that kind of stuff.

I thought groups of more than 5 people aren’t allowed right now?.....
Whoever organized that is risking getting fined pretty heavily, and attendees too.

Well, some people have a habit of not thinking... and special snowflakes don't believe common sense rules apply to them. Such is life.

I'd love to meet up when all this crap is over, there are a couple of problems I see:
1) I had a night job, so availability was / is an issue
2) The last ride posted here was last June, and I was between bikes then.
3) I'm allergic to herding cats, and lack of availability generally translates to a lack of planning. Anyone up for a fall colours ride in September?

Hey WrothWaith...
Still on the GS500? I think that's what you had ages ago...

If you're into track riding a number of folks here focus in that area

If you're into track riding a number of folks here focus in that area

No cash to track prep my bike, and no time either. The "No skill" follow the above, unfortunately, I'd love to know what I
A) can do
B) don't know
C) need to work on
In a safe clean environment.

Next midlife crisis

No cash to track prep my bike, and no time either. The "No skill" follow the above, unfortunately, I'd love to know what I
A) can do
B) don't know
C) need to work on
In a safe clean environment.

Next midlife crisis

Well, I think there's several people here on the forum that can help you on B and C quite easily... We've got track riders (1 should probably be a racer and win lots of races for nothing but bragging rights) and 1 current motorcycle instructor and 1 former instructor.

As for midlife crisis - you're too young for that crap. I just passed the official over the hill marker of 50, so suck it up pumpkin. ;)

Well, I think there's several people here on the forum that can help you on B and C quite easily... We've got track riders (1 should probably be a racer and win lots of races for nothing but bragging rights) and 1 current motorcycle instructor and 1 former instructor.

As for midlife crisis - you're too young for that crap. I just passed the official over the hill marker of 50, so suck it up pumpkin. ;)

Thanks for the confidence booster, I'm older than you, (and a lot of others) think.

I'm aware of the groups credits. I'd welcome coaching.

The second to last group ride I went on, I was so far behind, the guy that cut in between went another way, and the group agreed I split off, and left.
That tells me where I fall.

I'd love to try again, but there are still scheduling issues, and this minor COVID issue, that both give me availability, and a reason to stay away.

If things link up, I'm in like Flynn, otherwise, I'll be on the outside cheering you all on, subject to availability.

Back
Top Bottom