The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

Re: The Official 2011 Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread.

No thanks, it's okay. I should have just kept my long sleeves on. One of these days I'll get a nice Aerostich or something.

Was nice to meet the guys that were out. Too bad I wasn't able to tag along.

Is it ok to bring one of my friend tomorrow?

I'm planning to drive my cage to Royal Distributing on Saturday for their tent sale. See what they have for tires, and maybe a helmet. Then I have to track prep my bike for Monday. :)

Anyone else going to Shannonville on Monday? Seems like nobody else on this thread goes to the track! :(

Is it ok to bring one of my friend tomorrow?

I don't think there is a need to ask...lol.

I'm planning to drive my cage to Royal Distributing on Saturday for their tent sale. See what they have for tires, and maybe a helmet. Then I have to track prep my bike for Monday. :)

Anyone else going to Shannonville on Monday? Seems like nobody else on this thread goes to the track! :(

No, but I am interested in taking one of those courses...Fast, Turn2, etc...

Last edited:

Awesome! I did FAST a few times back in '02/'03. Great experience for sure. I just checked their site and they still have great pro-racer instructors. Kevin Lacombe was my instructor 3 times and he gave me advice that I still use today. I would say definitely take a course or two before doing a track day on your own.

I don't think there is a need to ask...lol.

Im taking Fast on May 18th.

Cant wait!!

Agreed DC519!!! anyone can bring whoever they want to bring - doesn't matter who! (just hope they ride (or are passenger on) something more than an e-bike... hehehehe)

Dave - call Royal before heading out there - the blowout pricing on their tires was for a very limited amount. I got there 2 hours after open (they were still setting up tents, trying not to be blown away), and there were only 11 sets of the Power Pures left. The guys at Apex are usually pretty competitive as well.

Thanks for the tip, Tim. I doubt they'll have SV sets on sale anyway. I'm going regardless to browse and enjoy the weather :) If I don't find something decent tire wise I'll probably get a set from Pro6 at the track on Monday.

Just thinking....
What did you guys think of those cards that I made up?
Would anyone be interested in something like that of their own? Featuring your own bike etc etc...
I'd have to work out pricing through my job, but I'm sure I'd get a half decent discount.
Let me know what you think!

It was good ride guys~!!!

Hey Everyone...
I was the only repeat rider from Thursday to today.... good to meet everyone today!
Hopefully we can turn this into a regular thing on Saturdays (but, I'm out for this upcoming Saturday - dropping my bike off to get warranty service work done on Friday and won't get it back till later in the week).

For anyone else interested, here's the video from Thursday night's ride - took the same route today (haven't looked at the video from that yet).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBtSB-E3VTY

Didn't get the GoPro turned on when we left - sorry 'bout that. Rear camera is lousy quality and sound, but it's enough for a rear camera I think.

We discussed a trip down to the Dragon in July today - hope you guys were serious in your interest! Wouldn't be a problem to get a few people going - can split the room and fuel costs quiet easily that way. I've got a small pick up truck and have access to a 2 bike trailer - could put 2 in the bed (no trailer then), but then there's no room for gear (regular cab).

Nice vid Tim. What do you use for editing?

About the business cards, very cool idea, although for myself I'm not sure if I would make much use of them.

Sorry I couldn't make it out today. I was busy all day and my bike is back in track form for Monday anyway. I scored some new Teknic knee sliders at Royal today, 50% off and no tax! $34.99 for the nice thick sliders, not the cheap ones that grind away in one track day. Sweet.

Awesome! I did FAST a few times back in '02/'03. Great experience for sure. I just checked their site and they still have great pro-racer instructors. Kevin Lacombe was my instructor 3 times and he gave me advice that I still use today. I would say definitely take a course or two before doing a track day on your own.

Good to know Dave, Thanks. I just need to talk my friends into spending money to do it...

Had ball hockey to attend to today so I couldn't of made it in time.

Tim, you leave everybody in the dust according to that video...lol.

Had ball hockey to attend to today so I couldn't of made it in time.

Ball hockey? you ref or play? I ref....

As for leaving everyone in the dust, well, I know those roads and it was everyone else's first time being on them as far as I know. I'm definitely not a better rider than anyone that was along...

Dave - I use iMovie on my mac. Nice and easy, nothing too fancy. Have to figure out the picture in picture so I could have front and rear on the screen at once.
Good score on the knee sliders!!

Last edited:

Anyone up for a ride tommorow Evening? (Sunday) weather permitting??

As for leaving everyone in the dust, well, I know those roads and it was everyone else's first time being on them as far as I know. I'm definitely not a better rider than anyone that was along...

Maybe I shouldn't have been second in line on my SV650 behind the 1152 ;) I'm not much into speeding to catch up anymore... A bunch of those sideroads were new to me also.

Dave - I use iMovie on my mac. Nice and easy, nothing too fancy. Have to figure out the picture in picture so I could have front and rear on the screen at once.
Good score on the knee sliders!!

That would be cool to see for sure!

Last edited:

Ball hockey? you ref or play? I ref....

Neither...just watched some of my nephews play. It is pretty intense watching 6 year olds going at it. What league do you ref?

lol...i was only making jokes. But Buell dust probably does tastes better...

Neither...just watched some of my nephews play. It is pretty intense watching 6 year olds going at it. What league do you ref?

lol...i was only making jokes. But Buell dust probably does tastes better...

Cute...
I usually ref Juniors (16-17 year olds) and the women's leagues... Mens' leagues are a pain in the ***.. .too much bitching and whining and fights and crap... Ice hockey is a different animal altogether - love refereeing that stuff... so much easier!

hey tim, did you use a camera on our ride?

Back
Top Bottom