The Future is here! | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Future is here!

Looks good and it's promising. I like many of the ideas, but there is no possibility of the 200 mph and the 200 miles of range happening in the same space and time. It's probably more like 200 miles of range at 40 mph, and 40 miles of range at 200 mph ...

From the website (and impressive if accurate):

* Configurations are base on USA specfications. 200+ range is estimated using the SAE J2982 "on highway electric motorcycle range standard" and references a mix of highway and urban cycle. Straight 70mph highway range is ~161 miles. Straight 60mph highway range is estimated at 201 miles. Global specifications will be issued at a later date.

canadian company right?

SAE J2982 is a dynamometer test that "simulates" riding.

My bet is that in real world riding that involves elevation changes, cornering, acceleration and deceleration dealing with traffic, and wind conditions...real world mileage is found to be significantly less.

I really wish companies would stop flaunting their products with these "theoretical" numbers - they only do themselves a disservice later when the internet gets ahold of the actual product and finds out that they were all pie-in-the-sky figures.

If that's what it takes to get tech-savvy young people interested, so be it. Software is cheap nowadays.

If that's what it takes to get tech-savvy young people interested, so be it. Software is cheap nowadays.

Software isn't cheap, unless you mean hardware? I worked at a Smart home tech start-up, hiring Android, iOS, and software engineers is in the millions, add the app and all we made was a measly blind opener. This bike has legal and road certifications to overcome. I won't be surprised they choose a subscription model of some sort to keep the bikes functions running, and even lock features via software which you have to pay monthly to use/unlock. Investors now lean toward subscription models big time.

Back
Top Bottom