"The call of the void" or "The imp of the perverse", anyone ever feel it riding? | GTAMotorcycle.com

"The call of the void" or "The imp of the perverse", anyone ever feel it riding?

Car2Slo

"The call of the void" or "The imp of the perverse", anyone ever feel it riding?

Before reading this article in one of my favourite blogs I thought I was the only one. Turns out there are many (some) others that feel the pull.

http://jalopnik.com/have-you-ever-been-haunted-by-the-thought-of-yanking-th-453479401

Whenever I'm on a calm straight away or left hand side of the 401, I feel the pull of the dark side. It tells me, "go a-head crack that throttle, see how far I could wheelie before I hit something". Or I wonder if I swerve and am thrown off I wonder "how many times I would bounce before being run over by that 18 wheeler, and will it hurt." It takes me several seconds to stop my hands from doing exactly what I don't want to.

Anyone else encounter this dark pull? Share your stories and maybe we can start a support group (remind me never to ride with you again).

Re: "The call of the void" or "The imp of the perverse", anyone ever feel it riding?

I've watched many, MANY supersport crash videos on YouTube prior to purchasing my 750. I was so excited the night I got it, I decided to take it for a spin. I was also telling myself "be very careful of the throttle, it can't be handled like your old bike". My instincts, however, said "WIDE OPEN THROTTLE!!!!". I listened to my instincts; rear wheel fish tailed for a while, steadied itself eventually, front wheel came up, front wheel came down and I scared the **** out of myself.

It wasn't until I had gotten off the bike 15 minutes later that I realized I was very close to smashing up my brand new ride the night I got it.

---------

Earlier today while on the way back from the motorcycle spring show, I saw an OPP pull over a sedan. For some strange reason, I started wondering what would happen if I just pinned the throttle down on the bike mentioned above down the 407 and never let go; recreating some of the obscenely dangerous and unrealistic scenes we see in movies and video games...would I get pulled over? Would I be able to outrun the cop? Would I smash the bike into a wall and go flying for a few KMs?

Yeah, I think it's pretty normal lol

Back
Top Bottom