The "Are you thinking of a new bike for 2024?" discussion thread. | Page 15 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The "Are you thinking of a new bike for 2024?" discussion thread.

My bf surprised me with a 2024 Aprilia RS660 Extrema for my birthday!
All I did was cry for 10 mins before I could even squeak out a thank you.

I told him I never dreamed of a bike like this because 1. I can't afford it and 2. It's a bike you look at on a poster... not in your garage. Meaning it's a dream bike that I never even imagined I'd ever ride nevermind own.

I'm so grateful and he's even getting his license this year to be able to ride with me. 🥰

I just had to share because I'm so overwhelmed with excitement and can't wait for the season to start!

View attachment 66784
Nice ride. That is one hell of a gift.

I told him I never dreamed of a bike like this because 1. I can't afford it and 2. It's a bike you look at on a poster... not in your garage. Meaning it's a dream bike that I never even imagined I'd ever ride nevermind own.

I'm so grateful and he's even getting his license this year to be able to ride with me. 🥰

I just had to share because I'm so overwhelmed with excitement and can't wait for the season to start!

View attachment 66784

Sweet ride!

Welcome back!

View attachment 66784
Oh hey! Is your boyfriend looking for a boyfriend?

Seriously congrats, that is an amazing gift!

View attachment 66784
When do you get it? Awesome bf. Post pics when it arrives.

Is "reverse gear software" GP shift? Why is that in software. Is it selectable?

You've got the RS and he's just getting his license. Will you be riding with him or way ahead of him....
Haha nah. I'm not like that. I ride different when I'm with someone else.

When do you get it? Awesome bf. Post pics when it arrives.

Another couple weeks they said. It just landed in Canada last week.

As far as I know it doesn't have reverse gear included.
It does have auto shift and blipper which I'm super excited to try!

My guess is that it's to reverse the push/pull on the sensor so you get throttle blip when pulling up instead of pushing down.

My guess is that it's to reverse the push/pull on the sensor so you get throttle blip when pulling up instead of pushing down.
That makes sense. I was wondering if they had gone to shift by wire but would be surprised if that's the bike they chose to do it on.

So, I was wrong. The Extrema does come with the GP reverse shifter. Nice!
Thanks for the review share. 👌
I suspect Relax is right and it is software for the quickshifter. I have no idea which way the bike ships. Definitely confirm that before pulling out of the dealership. It would suck to drop it the first time in the saddle as you try to start in sixth.

Is this the place if I'm thinking about a used (new to me) bike this season?

I have an SV650x which I love, but want a cruiser also. Something cheap and reliable, like a Japanese 1100ish class. Basically looking at 10 year old v stars, boulevards, bolts, vulcans, and others. Nothing too pricey basically. Gf bought a little v star 250 last season, and I love the look of it and feeling of the ride. So now I want one for myself.

Any thoughts on what can get me the best bang for buck? Preferred no older than 2010 and maybe maxing out at $7000. Any japanese models to avoid?

Is this the place if I'm thinking about a used (new to me) bike this season?

I have an SV650x which I love, but want a cruiser also. Something cheap and reliable, like a Japanese 1100ish class. Basically looking at 10 year old v stars, boulevards, bolts, vulcans, and others. Nothing too pricey basically. Gf bought a little v star 250 last season, and I love the look of it and feeling of the ride. So now I want one for myself.

Any thoughts on what can get me the best bang for buck? Preferred no older than 2010 and maybe maxing out at $7000. Any japanese models to avoid?
@PrivatePilot has probably owned more jap cruisers than most here.

I suspect Relax is right and it is software for the quickshifter. I have no idea which way the bike ships. Definitely confirm that before pulling out of the dealership. It would suck to drop it the first time in the saddle as you try to start in sixth.
I appreciate the heads up. That would definitely suck.
From what I've been seeing in all the reviews so far it's set up normally by default and you have to change it if you want to, but I'll definitely confirm that before I swing a leg over.

I appreciate the heads up. That would definitely suck.
From what I've been seeing in all the reviews so far it's set up normally by default and you have to change it if you want to, but I'll definitely confirm that before I swing a leg over.
Would be very surprised to see it setup as a software feature. As you alluded to, more than likely you have to move the shift lever arm over on the shifter pedal. Probably comes with the option to do so from factory.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom