Thanks Pro-6! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Thanks Pro-6!

stormcat

Pro-6 got me into the shop on very short notice this afternoon to put new socks on the bike. Not only that, but Joe went over the bike and fixed little problems here and there for me as well (like the overabundance of clutch freeplay I had, and that one rearset that likes to keep loosening off, etc).

Thanks so much, guys! Prompt, friendly service, great prices, and above and beyond my expectation! :)

Btw, the Q2s are very nice tires indeed. Me likey.

You should have txt me! I work right by there!

They've been pretty helpful with some questions that I had sometime back.

Damn! If I knew you were close by there, I definitely would have come by for a visit. Sorry, I didn't know. But now I do! :)

I'm not always at this building. But txt me and If I'm here we can always hit the Tim's down the street.

How much did you pay for the set installed?
I'm in desperate need for tires and I've been thinking about trying the Q2's...
I know you were running the BT016's before, comparison?

How much did you pay for the set installed?
I'm in desperate need for tires and I've been thinking about trying the Q2's...
I know you were running the BT016's before, comparison?

$408 installed. My BT0-16s cost that before installation. :eek:

I was a bit anxious. Haven't had new tires on the bike for two years (bad, I know), and I remember the bike feeling freaky the last time I got new tires. The Q2s were great immediately. VERY sticky. I didn't do anything aggressive on the way home or anything, aside from taking one right hander faster than I normally would just to see. They just stuck like glue. To compare to the BT0-16s, on the way to Pro-6 I had the rear step out on a right turn that I was tiptoeing through, so that says something. And I was really surprised at how hot the tires were when I pulled into the driveway. Like I said, I rode home very sedately, and the asphalt is cold. These are going to be some nice tires for the track next summer. I wish I had changed them out sooner.

I've read a lot of reviews on them and they're all saying the same thing...
It's just nice to hear from a real person, specifically from the GTAM community.
Thanks!

Pro 6 is great shop. Honest, highly skilled and reasonably priced.

Pro 6 is top self. I took my recently purchase used bike there for a once over. They went through the bike and fixed every little problem, but what really sets them apart is their attention to detail and quality. It was like they were working on their own bike. Joe, Travis, Johnny, and Ivan - good work guys!

I go pass there to school almost everyday.
Always see customers bikes. Looks like they got the great service!

BTW, seen a nice track bike for sale..

These are going to be some nice tires for the track next summer.
Pro 6 set me up with a set of Q2 at the beginning of the season, they ran great for the trackday I did this year. I've herad good things about there trackdays also, I'm gonna have to try one next year.

fixed little problems here and there for me as well (like the overabundance of clutch freeplay...
I ziptie a note right to my clutch lever that says "DON'T TOUCH MY CLUTCH FREEPLAY!". Once I find a shop that will actually read the note and listen to what I tell them I'll stay there for life ;)

I'ma have to give Pro-6 a shot!

-Jamie M.

I ziptie a note right to my clutch lever that says "DON'T TOUCH MY CLUTCH FREEPLAY!". Once I find a shop that will actually read the note and listen to what I tell them I'll stay there for life ;)

I'ma have to give Pro-6 a shot!

-Jamie M.

I was a bit concerned about it because I felt the friction point was far enough out at the end of the travel as it was, and getting rid of the extra freeplay did move the friction point out a bit further again. But I was used to it within 10 minutes anyway, so it was all good.

++++++++++++

Track bikes for sale: I believe Pro-6 has the bikes they have for sale listed on their website, if anyone is interested. IIRC, there's more than one. They're Yammies, btw.

++++++++++++

I need to upgrade my suspension next year. If I decide it's not a job I want to undertake myself, I'll be taking the bike to Pro-6 for it. :)

I was a bit concerned about it because I felt the friction point was far enough out at the end of the travel as it was, and getting rid of the extra freeplay did move the friction point out a bit further again.
I HATE having the friction point out that far ;) If you get aftermarket levers you can have the friction point nice and close to the bar but the freeplay is still nice and tight. Nice thing is the lever stays close to the bar so you only have to pull it an inch to disengage it. Makes for nice quick accurate shifts :)

-Jamie M.

I HATE having the friction point out that far ;) If you get aftermarket levers you can have the friction point nice and close to the bar but the freeplay is still nice and tight. Nice thing is the lever stays close to the bar so you only have to pull it an inch to disengage it. Makes for nice quick accurate shifts :)

-Jamie M.

I've had ASV shorties on it since 2009. :) I noticed no difference between the OEM and the ASVs, though. One thing that has made a massive difference in the shifting are the Vortex rearsets I just put on it. The shifting is just so precise. I love them, how solid they feel and how grippy the pegs are, but I'm still getting used to where I positioned them. I'm much further over the tank now, or at least that's how it seems.

Because I take pics of everything... before and after lever shots:

315foco.jpg

EDIT: Just looked at your aftermarket lever thread. If you want infinite adjustment, ASV are da bomb! And the clutch lever held up perfectly in my lowside.

Back
Top Bottom