Temporary Permit---you can have up to 2 of them! :) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Temporary Permit---you can have up to 2 of them! :)

Corsara

Site Supporter
Hello there,

Perhaps this has been shared here before, though I couldn't find it when I was searching last night. That's why I decided to share what I learned today first-hand:

During the weekend I purchased my first bike from a private seller (2005 Yamaha FZ6), and it DID NOT come with Used Vehicle Information Package, nor did it have the safety inspection done. The only things it came with was the keys, the manual, the vehicle portion and a bill of sale (handwritten free style on a piece of paper). Being a new rider, I got the seller to ride the bike to my house, and I was a bit worried that I'll have to tow the bike to get it safety inspected...

This Monday morning I called my insurance company, got it insured, and then I walked in Service Ontario. I bought the UVIP for the bike, paid tax, I was given new plate, and a temporary sticker valid for 10 days.

Also, I learned that after these 10 days are over, I am eligible to get one more temporary sticker for 10 more days. So this is the new thing I didn't know: you can get up to 2 temporary stickers, and thus ride the bike to a shop for safety inspection / repairs instead of towing or illegally putting other bike's plates on it. I think the sticker cost $15.

Cheers :)

Yep I'm going tomorrow to get a sticker for my zx6r I'm getting deliverd today

Back
Top Bottom