Team News: Coelho Racing #16 to compete in 2020 Daytona 200 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Team News: Coelho Racing #16 to compete in 2020 Daytona 200

GTAM

Staff member
Dealer/Vendor
Site Supporter
030620-2.jpg

March 14th will see the 79th running of the Daytona 200.

This year, Coelho Racing 16 will enter it for the very first time in his motorcycle career, aboard is DB Moto.ca/ZX6R.

“I rode for the very first time of my life, the grueling bankings of the Daytona International Speedway, last October at a ASRA/CCS venue.” Alex entered a few races on Saturday and Sunday to see him collect two podiums, second places. One in the rain and the second on Sunday under the beautiful sunny skies of Florida.

“Ya wasn’t fun conditions on Saturday when it came down but the show must go on they say. I started all my races almost last. With ASRA/CCS events, you are gridded by date of registration.”

“Was quite happy with my evolution of learning the track, in such a short time laps.”

What made you want to do the Daytona 200?
- One of the biggest races on the planet, why not? I seem to always give myself challenges and this one seems to fit the bill for me. Love riding the hard bankings and wanted to do it again. SO here I am”

Despite many obstacles, including lack of funding to get Alex there, he has been able to rally a few fellow racers from across Canada to help his assault.

Ken McAdams, owner of SOAR (Southern Ontario Association of Racing) as stepped forward to be the crew chief and with a few fellow racers from the same organization, will help Alex with his pit stops. Ken also has brought on board Joe O’Hara from In Tune Designs, to design and make the team t-shirts.

From the ARL (Atlantic Roadracing League) Gary McKinnon has hooked up Alex with Lucas Oil to lube his DB Moto.ca/ZX6R and Paul Whitehead has brought onboard Big Spruce Brewing, the same sponsors of the young guns from out East, Avery Hart and Keegan Gaudet.

“This adventure is turning out to be true Canadian dream teams come together. I have such admiration for people that can step up, when all odds are down” “I can’t thank enough all these people involved in my commitment to the Daytona 200”

Alex will be leaving this coming Monday the 9th, to travel the long 2200km to Daytona, FL.

“I’d like to take the opportunity to thank my new sponsors and of course those that have the returning ones for 2020:

- Muay Thaï Rive-Sud
- 4U Sports Nutrition
- D.B. Moto
- Kawasaki Canada
- KWS Motorsport
- Pirelli Racing Tires
- Pirelli Orion Motorsports
- Vortex Racing
- Sportbike Track Gear
- SBS Brake Pads
- In Tune Designs
- Lucas Oils
- Big Spruce Brewing
- Epoxy A.L.
- Drippin' Wet Decals
- Shoei Helmets
- Hindle Exhausts

You can see Alex Coelho and all Daytona 200 participants March 14th on NBC Sports, through a one-day pay pass of $1.99 USD.

One last question: What about Mopar CSBK 2020?
- I plan on being there… and hungrier than ever”

CSBK season debuts May 22-24 at the legendary Shannonville Race Track.

From a press release

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom